Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Do you like Urgot the way he is currently?

Ahahahahah...oh wait. He's serious? Of course not. 64 54.7%
He's kind of under powered, nothing to get my pants in a bunch about 27 23.08%
Meh. Don't play him. I don't care about Champions I don't play. I'm selfish. 5 4.27%
He's good. Learn to play. 11 9.4%
Nerf him. Nerf him to a hollow shell of the Noxian he once was. 10 8.55%
Voters 117 .

Official Urgot Idea thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wuste

Member

11-03-2010

This is the (un)Official thread where all Urgot ideas to fix the terribly broken Champion into something usable are stored. Officially.
------------------------------

1.
Change all of his ratios to AD...or AP. Preferably AD.

2. Change Terror Capacitor so when the shield breaks it fears the Champion that broke it for a second or two.

3. Add a Singed-esque lingering smoke effect to Noxian Corrosive Charge. IE, after it explodes a cloud of AoE poison smoke lingers around for a second or two, applying the debuff to any unit that enters the smoke

4. Tweak his ultimate. Perhaps when he switches positions, he detonates something or other on his body for a moderate amount of damage around his body; applying his passive to the enemy team in addition to the damage? Or perhaps he fears all units after he switches positions? Ideas are being tossed around to damage the switch-e.

5. Increase his range on Auto-Attack

6. Give him slightly more HP per level.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bullbear

Junior Member

11-04-2010

Quote:
Wuste:
This is the (un)Official thread where all Urgot ideas to fix the terribly broken Champion into something usable are stored. Officially.
------------------------------

1.
Change all of his ratios to AD...or AP. Preferably AD.

2. Change Terror Capacitor so when the shield breaks it fears all units around Urgot for a second or so.

3. Add a Singed-esque lingering smoke effect to Noxian Corrosive Charge. IE, after it explodes a cloud of AoE poison smoke lingers around for a second or two, applying the debuff to any unit that enters the smoke

4. Tweak his ultimate. Perhaps when he switches positions, he detonates something or other on his body for a moderate amount of damage around his body; applying his passive to the enemy team in addition to the damage? Or perhaps he fears all units after he switches positions?


Those all seem like really good ideas actually. Especially 2. It IS called "Terror" capacitor.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CloverMachina

Senior Member

11-04-2010

All fine ideas. Maybe his ulti could "mess with the molucules in the teleport." His body is so messed up it can't do much harm to him but for someone perfectly normal they may not be able to handle it causing...just maybe...a random debuff per level with the other bonuses it provides already.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wuste

Member

11-04-2010

Bump!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Somunchy

Member

11-04-2010

All good ideas. But, I have seen people play Urgot just fine, despite how broken everyone makes him out to be. I still wouldn't mind a rework on him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wuste

Member

11-04-2010

Who voted to nerf Urgot ;~;


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krosan

Senior Member

11-04-2010

Quote:
Wuste:
This is the (un)Official thread where all Urgot ideas to fix the terribly broken Champion into something usable are stored. Officially.
------------------------------

1.
Change all of his ratios to AD...or AP. Preferably AD.

2. Change Terror Capacitor so when the shield breaks it fears all units around Urgot for a second or so.

3. Add a Singed-esque lingering smoke effect to Noxian Corrosive Charge. IE, after it explodes a cloud of AoE poison smoke lingers around for a second or two, applying the debuff to any unit that enters the smoke

4. Tweak his ultimate. Perhaps when he switches positions, he detonates something or other on his body for a moderate amount of damage around his body; applying his passive to the enemy team in addition to the damage? Or perhaps he fears all units after he switches positions?


1. Eh. No comment.

2. I like this one, though more AoE CC is something that I believe Riot devs would rather avoid. I think it'd be a lot more acceptable as a singletarget fear that affects whatever unlucky ******* pops the shield; that'd make Urgot very strong in 1v1 (since you wouldn't WANT to break his shield and get CCed) without making him insanely powerful for team fights. It would heavily screw over channeled ults, though; MF/Katarina/Warwick/Malzahar all would cry. Urgot would hardcounter Kat and MF's ults so hard with that effect.

3. Absolutely yes. Acid grenade is too easy to dodge and impacts Urgot's utility too much when dodged. Alternatively, make it a skillshot (that explodes into an AoE when it reaches max range or impacts a target) or a cone blast (slight windup time cone AoE with a somewhat smaller range than Volley; intended to be small enough to make it hard to harass someone at tower with). I like the idea here. Another alternative: Make it work like Barrel Roll, in that the grenade sits until detonated. (Less desirable, arguably)

4. I'd hate to see AoE CC or AoE damage on this. If anything, the only thing it needs is a boost to the damage block duration and to the range; it's already almost as bad for the person snagged as Rocket Grab, with autotarget and CC thrown in.


Quote:
Somunchy:
All good ideas. But, I have seen people play Urgot just fine, despite how broken everyone makes him out to be. I still wouldn't mind a rework on him.


He's usable and able to do things, but his scaling into the endgame is beyond pathetic with anything but tank items, and he doesn't really have the mitigation or CC effects to make Tankgot a justifiable pick over pretty much any other offtank/main tank in the game. Also, his big damage output comes from acid hunter, but if someone dodges your acid bomb, then it kills your output; Acid Hunter missiles aren't that hard to dodge and they don't do all that much damage without the armor reduction from acid bombs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wuste

Member

11-04-2010

Midday bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MIA Manny

Member

11-04-2010

personally this is a great idea to make urgot a more viable champion. i was thinking of buying him but ability power on 2 of his main skills and ad on 1 skill makes no sense to me. i think AD on all skills is way better and it wont make him op at all.. just playable.. but thats just an opinion


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jooce

Senior Member

11-04-2010

Increase his auto-attack range a little. Having to fight with ranged creeps for a spot to shoot (especially when you're such a fat ass), is a pain lol.

All very good ideas, especially the Terror Capacitor one.


As anyone will tell you, the champion actually isn't that bad. He just gets worse and worse as the game goes on. He needs better scaling.

One thing I didn't know was if his passive gets better as the game goes on. If it doesn't, having it improve could see his endgame raised dramatically too.

He's fun to play. He can dominate some of the best laners. His main problem is that he gets worse and worse as the game goes on.