Should he have 9 points or 21 points in the offensive tier

21 points in offensive with 9 somewhere else 8 57.14%
9 points in offensive with 21 in support/utility 6 42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

APC Mid with Support Masteries

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merb2

03-21-2013

My friend consistently plays mid while having a 9/0/21 mastery set up. Can people please give arguments to help him understand why this is such a bad idea in regards to helping the team. He has also put a point into pickpocket to get "that extra gold" and refuses to put any in the offensive tier because the +6 ability power is nothing and the +5% ability power doesn't make a difference and the 5% damage to champions below 50% health won't help that much and the 2% additional damage from havoc is out of the question.

Note: he mains Ahri. He insists that the movement speed bonus helps him assure those kills, but he buys Rylai's Crystal Scepter first (and also, please explain to him that this is not the best suited item to buy first). Also, I have explained to him that there is no reason for movement speed when he does buy that and especially since Ahri has 3 flashes + the summoner spell flash.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this.

KeenFarslayer

03-21-2013

It depends on the champ and how he plays, honestly. I play Anivia Mid with a 9/0/21 setup. However, with Ahri, you want that burst more than anything, so a 21/0/9 would be preferable.

Qsario

03-21-2013

Due to that trading bug, I ended up taking Morganna mid with support runes/masteries in ranked one time (it was also how I learned of the bug).

We won, though.

AcornGames

03-21-2013

21/0/9
+Tons of Damage. Let him know that individually those masteries seem small, but collectively its very powerful! Particularily the percentage boosts and magic penetration.

9/0/21
+Move speed. VERY helpful in Mid where many of your opponents have skillshots. Not only great for finishing off fleeing targets, but also helpful when the enemy jungler shows up and you need to run away.

+Gold. Its gold. The earlier you build your core item(s) the more of an advantage youll have. It also helps pay for wards which will keep you alive.

+Mana. The thing with burst assasins is that they spend mana rapidly and are forced to farm under turrets once they run out.

+ 15% Item CD Reduction. Great if she uses items with actives.

Personally I take 21/9/0 masteries for the survivability because I play FIzz a lot and hes squishy.

Densuo

03-21-2013

Look at his results is he getting kills and pulling his weight?

The item cdr can be useful if he rocks a Deathfire grasp. Rylai i guess he uses because of orb of deception hitting multi targets.

It makes sense to slow enemies and get the extra movement speed.

AP mids actually do benefit from GP/10. They get farm to themselves and Ahri can escape with her ultimate. If she's low on Mana or forced to recall her gp10 allows her to still get some sort of cash. And if in control even more cash.