Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Minor] Can't Control Anything

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheCeeJay

03-21-2013

Occasionally when I'm playing on the PBE my mouse and keyboard are rendered useless. What I mean by this is that sometimes my character will just stand there and my mouse movements and keyboard clicks aren't registered.

This happens with both my built in mouse and also my other mouse I connect via USB. My built in keyboard has the same issue. It's not lag as I can see everything moving fine, I just can't do anything to control anything. I can't open menus, type in chat, click to move my champion out of danger, nothing works.

It's not champion or map specific as I've tried every map and a good number of champions and it always happens. There's no set time that it happens, it's all completely random. At first I thought it was just an issue with my mouse, but when even the built in trackpad and keyboard aren't responding I ruled that out.

This only happens on the PBE though, so it's not that major of a deal I just didn't want to see it hit live as that could be a huge problem.

RichardMcNixon

03-21-2013

Something to keep an eye on, for sure... I'm assuming this means that you are not experiencing this issue in any other programs outside of LoL PBE?

Wait for red response - they'll likely be able to tell you where to look to see what the problem is. For the moment i'll just bump it ;-D

TheCeeJay

03-21-2013

Yeah I only have the problem in the LoL PBE and nothing else. At first I just thought it was the USB plug being weird and moving but it's my touchpad mouse and built in keyboard too.

If its important, I am playing on a Mac on the iLoL client. I have Riot's client for the live game but I kept iLoL to play on the PBE without having to patch to switch every time. I have no issues with the live game though, so who knows.

Fluffl

03-21-2013

There has been a few rare occasions where this has happened to me.

It only lasts about 2 seconds and is usually in combat so it's hard to notice.

Sorator

03-21-2013

I'd upload your dxdiag, in case a red sees it and can help - that gives specifications on lots of your hardware and can really help figure things out.

Needles K

03-21-2013

Just to check, even an "out-of-game" command like hitting esc to bring up the menu doesn't do anything?

TheCeeJay

03-22-2013

Quote:
Needles K:
Just to check, even an "out-of-game" command like hitting esc to bring up the menu doesn't do anything?

Yeah nothing works. I can't move the mouse or even click to make my champion move to where it currently is. I can't hit space to lock on, can't hit P to open the shop.

Once it happened where I used a skill that is smart casted and I saw the smart cast range indicator come up but the skill didn't actually shoot until after its done not letting me control anything.

The thing is, I can see other people move and attack and chat and stuff, so I know it's not lag.