Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Losing series over leavers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArisColdsac

03-22-2013

well, 4v5 is better than 1v9. so it's not so big of a deal. I had games when teammates went 2-40 in 15 min. so what? just play a couple more and get back to another series.

Selcopa

03-23-2013

If you belong at the higher division youll get it back in no time, its just a temporary set back.

There's no different from getting a leaver at 50 LP than there is during a promotion series, it just appears that way, but in the course of 20 games, it really is inconsequential the order of the leavers ect.

Ive personally had to attempt a division series 5 times before getting promoted once, its inconvenient sometimes, but I belonged, and moved up.

Kohaku Ryuu

03-23-2013

What if a /dq was implemented, where if you got 7/10 or 8/10 votes, a game could be disqualified and not count, ending the game as a draw with no effect on your LP or series. Sure, there are gonna be jerk teams that will not vote to /dq even if it's a 2v5, but it would be better than nothing, and it would be virtually impossible to exploit that type of system.

Selcopa

03-23-2013

Quote:
Kohaku Ryuu:
What if a /dq was implemented, where if you got 7/10 or 8/10 votes, a game could be disqualified and not count, ending the game as a draw with no effect on your LP or series. Sure, there are gonna be jerk teams that will not vote to /dq even if it's a 2v5, but it would be better than nothing, and it would be virtually impossible to exploit that type of system.

You still don't get it.

You are creating a system that has potential for abuse and all you are doing is solving a problem that HAS ZERO NET EFFECT. I know you are smart enough to understand it happens to both teams, so ultimately leavers/ect will have ZERO NET IMPACT on your game. So there is no reason to create a broken system like this other than the fact that you are just a little impatient.

keybler86

03-23-2013

I was under the impression that being AFK/Quitting during the match within 5 minutes of the end would subtract Elo/League Points anyway? Why not just keep that in place, and put in the neutralization for the other players?

Trolls won't care if they lose it, players with obvious connection issues will stop playing/fix their ping, and everyone else won't be penalized for someone else's mistake. I really see no way to exploit this otherwise.

BartS1mps0n

Recruiter

03-24-2013

We get trolls all the time, I got one in my promo series and lost but i moved on.

Baxter the Teddy

03-24-2013

People have already told you that leavers balance out. The number of games you lose do to leavers is balanced out by the number of games you win with leavers (technically, the scale tips in your favor assuming YOU are never afk/leaver)

Why mess with the system when it fixes itself?

What you want is a system that BENEFITS you when the enemy team has a leaver but PREVENTS you from losing points when you do. This TIPS the balance FULLY in your favor. This is, actually, not fair.