Losing series over leavers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kamen Tusam

03-21-2013

Last night i lost 2 of the 3 games in my series due to someone leaving 5 minutes into the game.

Im pretty sure the system has some way to identify this and not cost you your series status.

Is bad enough that you cant dodge the match even when you get an obvious troll on champ select, but now if said troll or someone else leaves the game you instantly lose regardless of skill and how well you do in the game.

how is that an indication of your rank status?

that red name on the end of match screen clearly shows the game can tell when someone leaves, so why doe the losing team still gets the penalty as if he had lost a regular match?

Thelohel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

Because if it didn't, you could exploit it.

Kamen Tusam

03-21-2013

dont see how, the game can tell when you join a game with a friend, and could take action acording to that.

As it is now the rank of a player is influenced by way to many things outside of their control/skill

Cavo

03-21-2013

I lost 2 out of my 3 losses for my platinum promotion series to trolls (ap tryn after the nerf was one). It happens to everyone, if you belong higher you'll get there eventually.

Ouranos Gi

03-21-2013

I am with Kamen. Something should be done to keep games with players that have left from counting. It isn't fair that I fight my way to the top of my league, only to fall back to the bottom because of multiple games with DCs... It makes the games not fun for me when it happens on my team, and when I am on the enemy team of a DC, the win feels less deserved.

The Quinn Show

03-21-2013

What your all saying would mean any losing team can sacrifice 1 player to save the point-loss or series drop. That's why it can't work.

Maybe if you have a leaver it should significantly reduce points dropped. Something like 50% less points loss, cannot lose division if at 0 pts. Unfortunately promotion series should stay the same because people will abuse anything to get a prettier crest on their profile.

Kamen Tusam

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxloaf View Post
What your all saying would mean any losing team can sacrifice 1 player to save the point-loss or series drop. That's why it can't work.
yes but then again the game already got the information to prevent that.
if the leaving payer gets a steep penalty he wouldnt want to do it for 4 strangers, and if you get in the game with a duo Q partner, if one leaves the other can get the regular penalty.

Cavo

03-21-2013

I propose the following as an amendment to the forum rules:

Any summoner who uses the phrase "it's not fair" immediately has their forum privileges locked for one week.

Baxter the Teddy

03-21-2013

Than the number of games your opponent lose do too than, and assuming you never dc/afk than you actually lose out on more LP than you gain.

Octavice

03-21-2013

f___f don't worry I lost my promotion and went down 70LP. I find it slightly amusing then go into a depressed state after 24 hours