Purple Caster Minion Sculpture WIP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oritental

03-20-2013

EDIT(5-5-13) :Very sorry for not editing this but I finished it a long while ago! Enjoy! Thank you for anyone that took a look in this thread!

Hello guys! I haven't played League for the longest time but I recently found myself in the artistic side of the community. My high school Art Club is soon hosting its second art gallery and since it's my last year and all, I decided to submit as many works as I can, haha. So here I am working on the beloved purple caster minion.

***A newbie here! This is my third time working with polymer clay and first time making a sculpture larger than the ones I've done before. It's 4 inches tall!

First Picture!
I started with a foil base for its body as well as the head and valiantly tried to cover it with clay. Eventually, the figure finally showed and I baked it. Next was that cone hat... I had trouble keeping another foil cone on top of its head until super glue saved the day!

Second!
I rolled out some more clay until it was thin enough to wrap around the body for its robe. The horns were hard to get it as even as possible with the other one.

Third!
I figured the robe part looked too... pointy and added onto it to round it. The cape part was added and I spent time outside my house sanding it! Finally, the arms and hands were done. I got new clay that day hence the grey color. The spell book was made by rolling out sheets of clay and attaching it layer by layer.

Fourth!
The paint job underway! I started at 6 in the afternoon and spent hours until around 1:30 AM. I started with a white base coat and waited for it to dry and added one more. Next was the purple color! From the tube I used, the color was called "Rogue." I watered it down a bit so I could add more layers. (Better to have a few thin layers of paint than thick ones) My favorite was definitely the gold paint. I just had so much fun painting it! I don't have much experience in painting but I believe I did the best I could. I wore latex gloves to avoid dirty hands I had when I did another mini piece.

Fifth!
Touch ups and the eyes. Oh how nervous I was with my shaky hands. I started with angled white lines and just did what I could. If I made a mistake, I would use black and carefully color over it!

Materials Used
•Super Sculpey/Super Sculpey Firm
•Foil
•Toothpicks
•Wire
•A chopstick for the staff
•Xacto Knife
•Master's Touch Acrylic Paint
•Paintbrushes
•Water

This is what I have so far and I plan on updating this thread with some more pictures!
EDIT(3-22-13) : 4th and 5th picture were added! So close!

Dream Asylum

03-20-2013

Looks pretty awesome so far, man! Pretty sure the paint would make it that much better. Nice work so far!

Oritental

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Asylum View Post
Looks pretty awesome so far, man! Pretty sure the paint would make it that much better. Nice work so far!
Glad you like it! I'm done painting and sealing as of right now but I'll have to add finishing touches to the staff.

Oritental

05-05-2013

Bump! This minion has been finished!

Owellow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2013

Great stuff!!