Point of Cleanse?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Literall

03-20-2013

I've been playing ranked a lot ( 1300 elo ish silver ) more often and most adc's have flash / cleanse. Whats the point of having cleanse? Can people Cleanse an ignite? If they can't it just seems like ignite would be better off. I've been playing league for about 3 months now and I learn more everyday just would like to get some feed back on this thanks!

Shirø

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

yes cleanse does remove ingnite.

Grim Shogun

03-20-2013

I'm 90% sure you can cleanse ignite with it. It is also useful for lanes with heavy CC like Leona. I use ignite more often than not, but with some champs I will run cleanse in certain lanes for various factors. My primary reason for cleanse is if they have a CC heavy team I can reposition in a fight if CC hits me. IT allows me to keep dealing damaging and keep up kiting/life steal, ever wished you had 2 more seconds worth of life steal on your opponent?

Foolamancer

03-20-2013

Cleanse does remove Ignite. It, in fact, removes all debuffs and crowd control effects.

At higher levels, when the AD carry is so heavily focused and locked down in team fights, a single Cleanse can save their life - and, by extension, the entire team, since their uninterrupted damage output is their strongest weapon.

Literall

03-20-2013

alright thanks guys

ViashinoWizard

03-20-2013

To be clear: Cleanse removes the DoT from Ignite, but not the healing reduction. However, healing reduction by itself isn't particularly dangerous for most ADCs early on.

Nightwhite3

03-21-2013

I can't even explain how much I love cleanse as an adc. It can remove taric stun, Leona stun, ignite... There's just so much use for it if the enemy team has cc or disables.

TheOnlyJaces

03-21-2013

Cleanse is way to underused tho
Can it remove a stun+ingnite+exhaust all at the same time ?

toasteros

03-21-2013

Just don't try to remove Twitches poison with it.

Merb2

03-21-2013

It can also be used to remove slows and stuff. So it can also act as a tool for you to escape.