I buy a skin for a champion when:

that skin is on sale and/or I have 0-1 of that champ's skins. 28 34.57%
it is one of my favorite champs. (I want ALL of their skins.) 31 38.27%
I've started playing that champ. (Can't be seen skinless!) 12 14.81%
hell freezes over. (I don't buy skins.) 10 12.35%
that champ is released. (I buy the new champ bundles.) 0 0%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

$kins - What loosens your wallet?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elsabet

03-20-2013

I don't have a huge budget, or much disposal income. I think I own relatively few skins. I've noticed that I'll only buy a skin for a champion that I have been playing a significant amount. In general, these tend to be champions that I am consequently better with than others, and that I consequently like more than others. I tend to feel like a person should earn a skin- at least that the champion for which he owns a skin should be one of his better champions. We've all heard "Omg you're that bad with ____ and you have a skin?!"

What do y'all think? Should getting a skin have anything to do with representing your skill with a champ?

Does anyone think that varying skins should be unlocked- and purchasable- only when a player has a certain number of wins and/or win ratio with a given champion? Man, that'd be cool... For instance:
- Legendary skins purchasable by players with: 30 ranked games, with at least an 85% win rate with a given champ.
- Expensive skins require: 20 ranked wins with at least a 65% win rate with that champ.
- Lesser/Normal skins require: 10 ranked wins with at least a 55% win rate with that champ.

Ugh, why don't people consult me before they do things? 0:-/

Kugiura

03-20-2013

I believe the availability of purchasing a skin is at player's own disposal, but I must agreed that some players perform horribly despite the fact they have skins.
Makes me think why would you purchase skins if you DON'T KNOW HOW TO PLAY the champion.

X4N4T05

03-20-2013

Saw a 2/8/3 leona support in ranked, gold elo, with the defender skin. She built attack speed boots >.<. Some people just like spending money.

Personally I have 2 jarvan skins (got both on sale) and if there's a REALLY cool skin like Full Metal Pantheon or Full Metal Jayce (see a theme here? ) I'll pay the 975. The other 95% of my skins came on sale, besides Blood Lord Vlad and Rune Wars Renekton.

iralos7713

03-20-2013

I buy skins for the champs I play frequently, so I only have Dark Crystal Ryze and Angler Jax.

Elsabet

03-20-2013

Angler Jax arguably the coolest skin ever, and I never play and actually dislike Jax. I only wish I liked him...

I got most of my skins when they were retiring a lot of the older ones (like Noxus Poppy, Granite Malphite.) Retired or not though, I feel like the least seen appearance for most champs is their least expensive skin. Most people will either have no skin, or will have a cooler/more expensive skin. So in terms of uniqueness- the cheap skins are often best. For instance, I never see anyone rocking my Galactic Renekton, or Nasus. :-)

Elsabet

03-21-2013

Bump, because I want to know and these votes do not make up a representative sample.

SeCKS Egai

03-21-2013

On my smurf I was seeing skins on folks under level 15 and more often than not they weren't particularly good.

With Vayne being my all-time favorite champ, heartseeker vayne was enough to eventually get me to spend, although it was several months after its release.

I was able to get Heartseeker Vayne, Dragonblade Talon, and Nurse Akali all from a $10 RP card and whatever RP bonus riot had issued my account. I did have to wait till they were on sale, and had to refund my first heartseeker vayne as I was just a few days out to qualify for the discount (hence having to refund and rebuy at discounted price).

Other than that I've got Judgement Kayle from season 1, Riot Girl Trist from the FB promo, Unchained Ali from the youtube promo, and "Scorpion" Shen from when they had the legacy vault sale a few months back.

youmadbroimnasty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

well riot would make less money so that would never happen

King Of Suede

03-21-2013

I've played Cho almost exclusively since I started playing so I caved and got the Gentleman skin. Still have enough RP for a few champs or skins, but not willing to pull the trigger on anything quite yet. I played 200+ games with Cho before I bought that skin.

Yourcatmolested

03-21-2013

Give me a Draven skin, and I'll legit drop $20 on it. Can't wait for the new Gladiator one to come out.