Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Runaan's Hurricane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rhaegarias

03-19-2013

Hey all, was just trying out my Kennen adc build, when I realized that his w's passive on-hit effect does not affect multiple enemy targets from the Runaan's passive ability. Teemo's does, so why not Kennen's? Varus's does, so why not Kennen's? Ashe's does, so again, why not Kennen's?

xXSolid68900Xx

03-19-2013

i tried it as well didnt work.. we need riot to take a look at this.

Fanaticmogg

03-20-2013

Quote:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/champions/85/kennen_the_heart_of_the_tempest:
Every 5 attacks, Kennen deals magic damage equal to 40/50/60/70/80% of his attack damage and adds a Mark of the Storm to his target..

It doesn't say "on hit", so it may not count as an on-hit effect.

You DEFINITELY won't get 3 stacks per attack, all every-X-attack effects work that way. I dunno about the actual damage itself, though.

Rhaegarias

03-20-2013

I understand maybe not the damage component, but I believe that the Mark of the Storm should be an on hit effect yes?

Fanaticmogg

03-20-2013

Quote:
Rhaegarias:
I understand maybe not the damage component, but I believe that the Mark of the Storm should be an on hit effect yes?

The damage and application of Mark of the Storm seem to be linked, so I don't think that one would be applied without the other.

Achros

03-20-2013

Also it should be noted that the hurricane item does not work with periodic effects such as Mark of the Storm. Teemo and Varus abilities work on every single attack same with the items Black Cleaver and Malady. There are exceptions such as Kayle's range increase ability, hurricane does not multiply the aoe damage component of the ranged attack. The hurricane does however allow you to get the stacks for mark of the storm added up faster.

zemdu

03-20-2013

Kennen's mark DOES stack faster. If there are three targets in range he gets 3 stacks per attack. This means he applies a mark every second shot. Note that the mark is applied to only the main target, not the secondary targets.

Fanaticmogg

03-20-2013

Quote:
zemdu:
Kennen's mark DOES stack faster. If there are three targets in range he gets 3 stacks per attack. This means he applies a mark every second shot. Note that the mark is applied to only the main target, not the secondary targets.

That's strange, it doesn't work that way with other champions who have similar abilities (Cait, TF). I wonder if it's a bug or something...

Might want to submit a bug report to Support, see if you can find out how it's supposed to work. I'm not sure anymore.

Aroph

03-20-2013

I demand that Riot not fix this before making Pix fire nine shots instead of three on a Runaan's Hurricane Lulu.

vVCEPHElVv

07-06-2013

Quote:
Fanaticmogg:
It doesn't say "on hit", so it may not count as an on-hit effect.

You DEFINITELY won't get 3 stacks per attack, all every-X-attack effects work that way. I dunno about the actual damage itself, though.

You do get 3 stacks per attack, i have tried this before.

youtube link(this is not me): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QElXWK-u2o‎