Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

In favor of Boots and "Evil" VO Filter?

Yes, in favor of both 22 33.85%
Yes, but only in favor of boots 2 3.08%
Yes, but only in favor of voice 34 52.31%
No, in favor of neither 7 10.77%
Voters 65 .

Zac's skin could use a filter over voice (e.g. Varus)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eyrgos

03-21-2013

People seem to love this idea, Riot will you be adding a filter over Special Weapon ZAC's VO?

CrazyMLC

03-21-2013

They'd need to design good looking boots for him, and figure out where they go when he starts bouncing around or goes splat from his E. Probably more work than they're interested in for a skin that's almost completed.
(Plus, how do you explain how he absorbs his puddles by walking on them if he has boots?)

An evil filter over Special Weapon Zac's voice would probably be a bit easier to do, and without a doubt helpful for the aesthetic they're going for with the skin.

Edit: Anyone else notice that 10/12 of the posts in this thread have a random downvote? I smell a Trundle.

Eyrgos

03-21-2013

Quote:
CrazyMLC:
They'd need to design good looking boots for him, and figure out where they go when he starts bouncing around or goes splat from his E. Probably more work than they're interested in for a skin that's almost completed.
(Plus, how do you explain how he absorbs his puddles by walking on them if he has boots?)

An evil filter over Special Weapon Zac's voice would probably be a bit easier to do, and without a doubt helpful for the aesthetic they're going for with the skin.

Edit: Anyone else notice that 10/12 of the posts in this thread have a random downvote? I smell a Trundle.

Haha I know right. I'd say the Zaun Tech in the boots would handle the puddle-absorption.

And I honestly think it could be very easy for them, boots are easy to mock-up graphically, be rigged to his current walking animation/feet, and I think scripting where they sit when he leaps out of them would be quite simple:

When he R's, they're left on the ground, he goes back into current model form until R is over and then tp back on his feet; when he dies, the boots are left as a center-marker where his globules are headed, and if reformed, he just reforms in them quite simply... and that's really all it would take.

Eyrgos

03-21-2013

I think they could easily show the boots zipping back to him, snapping to his feet- use the iBlitzcrack animation with the sonic waves, attached to fly to his feet and snap-on.

Eyrgos

03-21-2013

If not boots or gloves, what about an orb in his chest or something?

Eyrgos

03-21-2013

37 - 5 in favor, @Riot?

Eyrgos

03-22-2013

40-5, snap son!

Eyrgos

03-22-2013

43-5 any other votes/comments? Red?

Pompy The Pig

03-22-2013

I like the way the green one is right now, so no boots I'd say, I kind of like the idea for the VO on the skin.

Vile Samael

03-23-2013

I like the idea for the voice, but I honestly can't see how you could add boots and have it not look weird. Why would a slime guy need to wear boots anyways? I imagine they'd just impede him. The orb idea might be neat, though, it's a lot less intrusive on the design.