The people and kids in Zaun are really accepting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RadiantWings

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Zac apparently had a normal and happy childhood with his only problem being that he was different from the other children, being a sentient living blob and all.

So basically all the other kids and their parents were like "There's a blob kid at school, cool!" not teasing him or anything to stunt the development of his morals and ethics.
There also apparently wasn't anything so unusual about this, so the news that there's a blob kid playing with other kids at school never really got around to the main cities in Zaun for several years.

Just exactly what would classify as something notable in Zaun?

Kingslapper

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantWings View Post
Just exactly what would classify as something notable in Zaun?
The passing of something similar to the Kyoto Accord. xP

OriginalA

03-19-2013

Zaun is a city where people play in chemical waste in order to deliberately turn their skin into living mood rings... except it is their skin so we are talking about a large number of youths that are changing their skin tone based on their mood. This has an acknowledged and known negative effect on their life expectancy. They don't care that they are cutting years off of their lives because they want to turn red when they are angry and what not. And it is here where EVERYONE LOVES MUNDO! Mundo the psychopathic scientists who will kill people because he wants to experiment on them. They are crazy.

They also were the firsts to recognize that Blitzcrant was legitimately alive. They looked at Blitzcrank and, despite knowing that he was built by scientists, they looked at him and said: "yeah, he's got a soul." And then BAM, Blitz instantly has equal rights with everyone else. Just like that. It took African-American's something like 180+ years to get equal treatment by law in America. Blitzcrank, however, is able to procure a legal statement granting him equal rights within a couple of years at most!

Zaun may be full of crazies, Zaun may have its fair share of morally bankrupt individuals (Singed, Warwick, Piddly isn't very nice either).... But any kind of racism just doesn't exist there. If you're sentient then you are equal.

Naked Malzahar

03-19-2013

I haven't read Zac's lore more than 1 time, but I can assume that his parents gave him home education, while when he went outside, everyone liked to play with him as a 'blobby blob'.

AbiwonKenabi

03-20-2013

I mean just look at all the champs from Zaun. I know champions are supposed to be extraordinary, but other city-states all have at least one normal looking human champion. (Even the Void!)

Zaun has: a wolf man, a mad chemist wrapped up because of presumed chemical burns, a giant, bulging, purple doctor, a sentient rat, a robot, a half-robot man....am I missing anybody? Janna, I guess, but she doesn't even fight for Zaun! I figure a blob would fit right in though; he's downright normal compared to the others.

Vongeo

03-21-2013

Zaun is the greatest of all city states.

**** PILTOVER!

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vongeo View Post
Zaun is the greatest of all city states.

**** PILTOVER!
You just hatin' cuz they stylin' on you.

Naked Malzahar

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eredale View Post
You just hatin' cuz they stylin' on you.

Meh, Piltover has nothing interesting happening. Zaun is an industrial city where something constantly happens, including mad scientists, serial maniacs, robots, experiments etc. Zaun is a place of freedom.

Piltover, on the other hand, has some little bandits running around and Caitlyn chasing them with Vi. We don't even know anything about the government yet.

*Huge Zaun fan que*

Galgus

03-22-2013

The acceptance showed to Zac is the good side of Zuan's "anything goes" mentality.

They really don't care who you are and aren't going to judge you.

I'm pretty sure that the public image of Mundo is heavilly romanticized and more along the lines of "Innovative scientist who fights for us!" than "Sadistic madman who dissects people!"

It makes me think that mad scientists kidnapping sentient beings for experiments tend to keep it a secret, oddly enough.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that Zuan has laws against human experimentaion, but that regulation is loose and enforcement is dangerously low.

Fredgerd

03-22-2013

Zaun is one of the cooler city states in LoL in that it is simultaneously the most excepting and forward thinking nation in the fictional universe and at the same time responsible for numerous war crimes and massive environmental damage. One of the strengths of the writing for this game when the first outlined the world is that while there are apparent goods and bads, the more you examine it the more that isn't true. Ashe, seemingly framed as a hero and unifier of her people, also courted a diplomatic marriage with someone who is about the moral equivalent of Temujen (even looks like him). Bilgewater engages in piracy and questionable diplomatic relations but is also a small nation struggling for political independence. Lee Sin's back story is a homage to the monks who burned themselves alive during the occupation of Vietnam. Which would make Noxus the United States and Demacia Russia? I can certainly see the allusion potentially being there. There is alot going on in some of the older lore. The stuff we've received for the past year or so up until Quinn, not so much.