How to counter LeBlanc

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

k8mnstr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-04-2010

Erm.... Soraka level 1 with NO CDR runes heals every 10 seconds. Sona every 7 seconds. Nidalee every 8 seconds. Sona is getting TWO HEALS OFF for every ONE harassment LB has. Yes, you can easily outheal her harassment.

Inkult

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-04-2010

There are a few champions that counter LeBlanc. In my experience, Veigar, Morgana, Anivia, Karthus, Annie. In that order. Vladimir can harass her a bit, but she is gonna push him in the end. Mainly, stand behind your line of creeps and wait for her to use her ability on a minion. She cant farm fast enough if she is just auto attacking. Let her push a bit. Everytime she uses her silence or hook and misses, punish her.

As always the best strat is calling a gank at some point. Most people dying to her is becouse they were too cocky to call for help. Veigar just has all the tools to annoy LeBlanc and destroy her past middle game. If you are laning as Veigar againts her, let her push, Dark matter on fog while she advances. If she moves foward lay a stun, if she "flashes" towards you, she might jump wall but she will get stuned anyway. Once you get level 6, maybe you wont kill her instantly, but she will run if you nuker her. With Veigar you can take her out of team fights 10 out of 10, while still contributing to your team.

With Morgana, well push her with Tormented Soil. Shield yourself. Dark Binding if she moves out of the creep line. Once you get your ult she becomes incredibly easy for Morgana. Maybe some advice would be grab shield early, to counter her combo. Harass her with soil. One thing to note with Morgana, is that if your binding takes her below 40%, she will create the mirror image, but only the real one will appear bound. So its not really a free ticket. If you are using your ultimate on her, make sure to run inmediatly towards the back while she is invisible. Her passive obviously dosent breaks your ult, but any Leblanc will try to run away before your stun procs. Half second before your ult booms, toss binding in the face of the real one. She will be long dead.

Really she is strong but she is not incredibly hard to counter. She just punishes agressive players. Let her push and look for the best time to attack. Dont get desperate if you are at half health and she is full life. Just play safe, talk with your team and run back if you have to. Keep a distance. With Anivia is really easy. You can actually be very agresive againts her and still win the fight. Wall on her back before nuke and its GG to her pasive. Your egg is superior to her passive, way longer cooldown, true, but early game could mean you kill her, she dosent gets fed and she fails at end game.

This chick LeBlanc is simply made to get fed. If she has no luck getting fed, mainly due facing a good team, coordinated and not eager to get kills, she will fail. Make her a priority on your gank strategy. If you blew her passive, and its still on CD (1min) play more agresive. Think of her of a Ryze/Akali/Shaco. Annie offers more to the team while still punishing an agresive LeBlanc. As Annie you end up being tower huging, but one mistake from Leblanc and she is gonna die fast. In my opinion almost every single pure caster or support/caster can nail the coffin on her if played safe. Perhaps as Vladimir you will have the most issues.Your poke neglates some dmg, but still, you will end up casting it on minions to avoid her combo. That is perfectly fine. If you run Ghost/Ignite, you can actually pop both if you are desperate, drain > pool and get back. She will think twice about getting too eager on you. If she moves foward, keep minions between you and her. Predict her move, pool counters evrything she has to offer.

Downtown Brown

11-04-2010

..You act like every single champion isn't the counter to high elo

Pmuzi

11-04-2010

as i said in other posts: anything that can take her Q-W-E-R-Q combo at least once and still make it with 30% health can kill her. a cho'gath can end her. anything that can hold her for a bit and survive that combo is a "counter" to her.. lol. and "oh i have to buy X item just for her" so what? i have to buy mercury's every time i see a galio on the other team and im not complaining. i had to buy executioner's calling with tryn once cause no one had a single healcut and their mundo was devastating our entire team. so dont complain just because you cant buy your "perfect build", just fücking adapt. she's squishy so squish her. a nuke is a nuke, ryze doesnt have as much escape mechanisms as her but ryze can take more damage and survive than she can AND he deals more damage. and her passive is stupid and useless |: the only time it helped me was in a practice game while i tower dove someone and that doesnt count lol

Coinage

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Presid3nt View Post
You all act as though every champion besides the one's that you play should be nerfed to the ground.

This is why the LoL community cannot have anything nice- you people.
+1 this... totally agree.

Acceptance

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grognor View Post
LeBlanc is counterable but she is still overpowered.

In LoL, assassin characters are like giant particle-board boulders falling on your head. Generally they get to warp to you and crush you instantly OR use that warp to escape. LeBlanc gets to sit on your head to crush you instantly and then use the same move [up to four times] to instantly escape. That is why she is overpowered.

What she needs is either to lose the buttcrushing damage or the infinite cockblocking escape, one or the other. She reminds me of pre-multinerf Shaco.
+1 for the analogies

Psychpants

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by k8mnstr View Post
You know who is a great counter to LeBlanc (aside from Morgana)?
Yes, she has high burst damage. You would prefer an Assassin class champion that had no HP, no defenses, no escape, and did no noticeable damage?
This.

Seriously, don't be stupid and you'll be fine. She plays more like a AP urgot. Strong lane phase and weaker as the game goes on unless super fed.

The only things that may be reasonable to change are the damage increase on her ult, her cooldowns, or her mana costs.

To me, the mana cost is the main thing that should probably be rescaled, I rarely find myself running low on mana. Aside from that, she's fine.

Captain Kawaii

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkult View Post
There are a few champions that counter LeBlanc. In my experience, Veigar, Morgana, Anivia, Karthus, Annie. In that order. Vladimir can harass her a bit, but she is gonna push him in the end. Mainly, stand behind your line of creeps and wait for her to use her ability on a minion. She cant farm fast enough if she is just auto attacking. Let her push a bit. Everytime she uses her silence or hook and misses, punish her.

As always the best strat is calling a gank at some point. Most people dying to her is becouse they were too cocky to call for help. Veigar just has all the tools to annoy LeBlanc and destroy her past middle game. If you are laning as Veigar againts her, let her push, Dark matter on fog while she advances. If she moves foward lay a stun, if she "flashes" towards you, she might jump wall but she will get stuned anyway. Once you get level 6, maybe you wont kill her instantly, but she will run if you nuker her. With Veigar you can take her out of team fights 10 out of 10, while still contributing to your team.

With Morgana, well push her with Tormented Soil. Shield yourself. Dark Binding if she moves out of the creep line. Once you get your ult she becomes incredibly easy for Morgana. Maybe some advice would be grab shield early, to counter her combo. Harass her with soil. One thing to note with Morgana, is that if your binding takes her below 40%, she will create the mirror image, but only the real one will appear bound. So its not really a free ticket. If you are using your ultimate on her, make sure to run inmediatly towards the back while she is invisible. Her passive obviously dosent breaks your ult, but any Leblanc will try to run away before your stun procs. Half second before your ult booms, toss binding in the face of the real one. She will be long dead.

Really she is strong but she is not incredibly hard to counter. She just punishes agressive players. Let her push and look for the best time to attack. Dont get desperate if you are at half health and she is full life. Just play safe, talk with your team and run back if you have to. Keep a distance. With Anivia is really easy. You can actually be very agresive againts her and still win the fight. Wall on her back before nuke and its GG to her pasive. Your egg is superior to her passive, way longer cooldown, true, but early game could mean you kill her, she dosent gets fed and she fails at end game.

This chick LeBlanc is simply made to get fed. If she has no luck getting fed, mainly due facing a good team, coordinated and not eager to get kills, she will fail. Make her a priority on your gank strategy. If you blew her passive, and its still on CD (1min) play more agresive. Think of her of a Ryze/Akali/Shaco. Annie offers more to the team while still punishing an agresive LeBlanc. As Annie you end up being tower huging, but one mistake from Leblanc and she is gonna die fast. In my opinion almost every single pure caster or support/caster can nail the coffin on her if played safe. Perhaps as Vladimir you will have the most issues.Your poke neglates some dmg, but still, you will end up casting it on minions to avoid her combo. That is perfectly fine. If you run Ghost/Ignite, you can actually pop both if you are desperate, drain > pool and get back. She will think twice about getting too eager on you. If she moves foward, keep minions between you and her. Predict her move, pool counters evrything she has to offer.

how you got downvoted? I have no idea so here's a +1 to you good sir.

great post.

Riptwisted

11-04-2010

ya leblanc is countered by magic res even better then cc counters her.

cant everyone buy this?

ya i play her, but i pretty much get every new champ. Ip is no problem at this point

Jooce

11-04-2010

Her burst, although not exactly spammable, is fairly broken.

Ok so you have to wait 30 seconds to wipe out a carry on the opposing team? That doesn't sound like a bad trade off.

She's like Akali and Kassadin on steroids.

People say CC counters? Well you're forgetting about that one little factor called her passive which is essentially an auto-cleanse on a 1 minute cooldown.

LOL Yah fanboys, keep saying she's not OP. People say she's squishy, that's true, but don't act like she doesn't have mobility or other forums of survivability. Kog is squishy, Kog has no escape manuvers. Leblanc is squishy but has a whole arsenal of things to help her survivability.