The Lunari Temple (OPEN RP)

12345612 ... 44
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sykper

03-19-2013

"Summoner Zelas-?"

Before Aden could react, he immediately recognizes and flinches upon a somewhat 'honest' remark from the Scorn of the Moon behind him. He politely raises his hand with a motion to Zelas to wait or perhaps meet another time as he turns to face the music. Aden gets the distinct impression right now that the neutrality of the League in these matters has put his own position down already a few notches-

"Oh, yes of course we would be interested in the progress of such a establishment so rooted in the history of Valoran."

Aden's tone has shifted to a far more formal, almost merchant-like as he spoke to Diana. Acting out such a false attitude is better than revealing his pessimistic attitude, especially considering his senses are giving him red flags everywhere.

"We are indeed regretful concerning the continued...'incidents' that delay the project, but the League as you have implied cannot take any single side. We are more than willing to aid in other requests already available to the public as well as Champions, this is the policy all notable summoners working under the institute follow."

"But, I am here by a request to simply...as you put it, obtain some semblence of knowledge about the site, rooms, floors, things of that sort. I can already presume the Temple's purpose...but as a personal question Champion Diana, why choose a location so close to the Institute? I feel like I might be missing some sort of reasoning..."

Ghostvoider Rick

03-19-2013

As the Ghostvoider neared the temple, he was stopped by two workman who were having a talk with two, what seemed to him, powerful summoners. Rick looked at them and their robes, and then looked at his chrome metal arm.
'I don't stand a chance against these guys' he thinks to himself
'I'll guess I'll try a later time'

Almogs

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykper View Post
"Summoner Zelas-?"

Before Aden could react, he immediately recognizes and flinches upon a somewhat 'honest' remark from the Scorn of the Moon behind him. He politely raises his hand with a motion to Zelas to wait

"Oh, yes of course we would be interested in the progress of such a establishment so rooted in the history of Valoran."

Aden's tone has shifted to a far more formal, almost merchant-like as he spoke to Diana. Acting out such a false attitude is better than revealing his pessimistic attitude, especially considering his senses are giving him red flags everywhere.

"We are indeed regretful concerning the continued...'incidents' that delay the project, but the League as you have implied cannot take any single side. We are more than willing to aid in other requests already available to the public as well as Champions, this is the policy all notable summoners working under the institute follow."

"But, I am here by a request to simply...as you put it, obtain some semblence of knowledge about the site, rooms, floors, things of that sort. I can already presume the Temple's purpose...but as a personal question Champion Diana, why choose a location so close to the Institute? I feel like I might be missing some sort of reasoning..."
"Excuse my interuption but don't attempt to trifle with me you basic summoner of no power! Of course that the Institute is interested in the temple, they want to interfere with it's progress again so the Solari will be kept quiet!"

Zelas lets out a grin
"When will you fools realize that no one wants your petty excuses? I've been entangled with the institute so many times with their "Excuses". Well excuse me that I left the banners of the league long ago. The only reason I'm kept a high summoner is because of my skill of binding and the fact that I'm one of the three summoners who keeps the abomination "Nocturne" locked in the Nexus shard."

Almogs

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvoider Rick View Post
As the Ghostvoider neared the temple, he was stopped by two workman who were having a talk with two, what seemed to him, powerful summoners. Rick looked at them and their robes, and then looked at his chrome metal arm.
'I don't stand a chance against these guys' he thinks to himself
'I'll guess I'll try a later time'
Zelas notices the metal armed person and quickly Shadowshapes him.

Sykper

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almogs View Post
"Excuse my interuption but don't attempt to trifle with me you basic summoner of no power! Of course that the Institute is interested in the temple, they want to interfere with it's progress again so the Solari will be kept quiet!"

Zelas lets out a grin
"When will you fools realize that no one wants your petty excuses? I've been entangled with the institute so many times with their "Excuses". Well excuse me that I left the banners of the league long ago. The only reason I'm kept a high summoner is because of my skill of binding and the fact that I'm one of the three summoners who keeps the abomination "Nocturne" locked in the Nexus shard."
Aden finally pieced together where he heard Zelas from. A 'notorious' powerful summoner who has gotten the reputation of being feared. There seems to be an uncanny connection between him and the dark nightmare that is sealed away. But... '...this man is even worse than I thought' is all Aden could think of.

"Oh as humorous, and I do mean humorous as the delusions you have set forth right now 'Summoner Zelas', I am not here to sabotage or interfere with the site, nor promote the idea further."

Aden's real tone begins to come out a bit as he slightly turned back to Zelas, offended by the demeanor of the High Summoner who is very likely more powerful than himself-

"Rather, I find it quite odd you feel the need to gloat your stature High Summoner, if I were in your position I would be far more humble and wiser and refrain from making a fool of myself...well, unless that there actually was a reason to gloat to handle some sort of inferiority one has. But please if so do continue, don't mind this basic summoner..."

Almogs

03-19-2013

Quote:
Aden finally pieced together where he heard Zelas from. A 'notorious' powerful summoner who has gotten the reputation of being feared. There seems to be an uncanny connection between him and the dark nightmare that is sealed away. But... '...this man is even worse than I thought' is all Aden could think of.

"Oh as humorous, and I do mean humorous as the delusions you have set forth right now 'Summoner Zelas', I am not here to sabotage or interfere with the site, nor promote the idea further."

Aden's real tone begins to come out a bit as he slightly turned back to Zelas, offended by the demeanor of the High Summoner who is very likely more powerful than himself-

"Rather, I find it quite odd you feel the need to gloat your stature High Summoner, if I were in your position I would be far more humble and wiser and refrain from making a fool of myself...well, unless that there actually was a reason to gloat to handle some sort of inferiority one has. But please if so do continue, don't mind this basic summoner..."
"No summoner is 'basic', some just knows more then the basic art of summoning. But almost none do every since the higher summoners banned the teaching of any other school of magic, it makes you and other young summoners, unlike myself who was taught at early age, oblivious to the true powers of magic. For me, my statue of 'High Summoner' is meaningless. It just makes the institute give me and my young sister a home with a place she can play at. It does however, like you just shown, affects the other summoners. Both high as me and lower but to the level of novices. The higher summoners do not care about ranks. They think that they are the strongest so that there isn't a slight word on any matter once they decide it. Although I, and others now know better."

A silvery watch appears on Zelas's hand, the same watch who seems to be the brown summoner's heirloom.

"This is a nice piece of machinery, the kind that will last forever should it have the required energy. The silver is dented in some areas though, you might want to fix this. It is a beautiful device and should be handled with care."

Zelas hands the silver watch back to Aden.

Ask the Lunari

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almogs View Post
Zelas nods back and reveals the "sack" that is used to carry the various artifacts.

"I'm not the word of the institute like other summoners. Though I did promise you some of the artifacts I found during my travels and so I shall fullfil. You may not want them all, or any of them, but I still think it is important for me to return them to their rightful owner."
Diana would call out to one of the acolytes standing at the door, motioning them to come and obtain the sack to be put within the kitchen area within the site. They would then notion towards Sam/Nevin/Lilith to look over them & write down what they were if possible.

"I thank you, then. Artifacts only help with knowledge lost..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by AODRG View Post
Alice and Sam, who were busy along with the others working on the Main Hall ceiling tiles, look back out to see a few people arriving to the temple.

"Well...looks like we have visitors," Sam remarked, "I guess that's a good thing. It'll bring more attention to our cause. Think we should inform Diana?"

"Nah, I'm sure someone else is already running toward her by now," Alice commented with a smirk.

The two continued to work, Alice using her powers to lift the tiles up to the ceiling while Sam glues them on. Both women seem exhausted but still working hard.
((I require Alice or Sam to Analyze the artifacts within the kitchen when my "acolyte" moves them to the kitchen :3 At least one of them XD Read post above this ^_^ THAT or Nevin arrives again suddenly >_> Then him & Lilith can xDD))

Quote:
"Summoner Zelas-?"

Before Aden could react, he immediately recognizes and flinches upon a somewhat 'honest' remark from the Scorn of the Moon behind him. He politely raises his hand with a motion to Zelas to wait or perhaps meet another time as he turns to face the music. Aden gets the distinct impression right now that the neutrality of the League in these matters has put his own position down already a few notches-

"But, I am here by a request to simply...as you put it, obtain some semblance of knowledge about the site, rooms, floors, things of that sort. I can already presume the Temple's purpose...but as a personal question Champion Diana, why choose a location so close to the Institute? I feel like I might be missing some sort of reasoning..."
Diana furrowed a brow as she began analying the summoner, bringing her blade to her side as she walked forward, now fully stopping in front of the summoner. She noticed that his way of speaking was to formal, possibly for his own safety... so her reply would be as cold as her glare.

"The institute doesn't wish to help because they cannot choose sides? If they prided on helping the well-being of the common-folk that work within this location, then perhaps they have lied to me as well... If they wish to learn about what I wish to have within, let the higher-ups come themselves when it's finished."

Diana then crosses her arms, blade still very much tightly gripped within her hand. Her tone of voice changes to one of admiration, but her glare does not change at all.

"This location? I chose this location because it's far away from the Solari scum, the lake here is beautiful when reflecting the Moon's light... and this hills foundation upon this valley is perfect, as I searched far and wide for such a location. This is still a distance from the institute, but if anyone can travel to the institute, why cant they also travel here?"

((Just going to say that by a few miles (5-15-30 undeecided really) is the real distance. 15 or 30.))

Sykper

03-20-2013

Aden sighed as he took his watch back from Zelas.

"Your take on 'some' might be surprisingly inaccurate, if there is any sort of assumption both you and I might agree on it would be to always have your wits about you while going through the Institute. It is almost no different than walking through a larger city, the amount of politics and social conflicts is quite high and everyone that isn't some novice has found a way to secretly study the higher arts. As for the watch, it is a...keepsake, much like your necklace from the way you promote it..."

"I digress though, just one last thing..."

Aden's eyes flashed brilliantly blue as white lights pierced the skies for the briefest moment. After a bit the eyes ceased glowing, he calmly smiled after seeing such a heart-warming sight from his Clairvoyance-

"Not bad... but tell your sister that the summoning rituals can use not just an orb but a staff or other equally important catalysts, those are incorrect in her notes. But, from the amount of books you seem to have supplied her, she might be a prodigy. You are a surprisingly better older brother than I thought."

Aden turns to Diana after doing such a ridiculous action, surprisingly calmer now even though the Scorn likely saw through his bit of false advertising. His pessimism seems to have subsided from a nostalgic memory from seeing a young studious mind at work.

"I won't attempt to deceive when every word you have said is the truth. If I cannot get in, I can always fill in my report that things are going smoothly, and the basic accomadations of a temple are met."

Aden noted what Diana had said about the location though, indeed, the spot will just about hide the sun from full view at all times while the moon remains overhead.

"Hmm, indeed although..."

Aden noted that there are no structures yet being built at that spot, from what he understood about the Lunari and the astronomy at this location it might be an idea. He takes out a piece of paper and a quill and begins drawing up an diagram, constantly looking at the sky and surroundings. This took about a moment before he pull the quill away and offerred the paper to Diana-

"If I were a Lunari who wanted to show my dedication to the Moon, I would perhaps provide a few locations somewhere to...'get close' to the moon."

The paper contains an image of a kind of bridge stretching to near the center of the lake where the bridge branches to the sides making a sort of thin crescent. Diana immediately would recognize the shape as the symbol of the Lunari, as it depicts the movement of the moon's image slowly rotating on the lake until it matches perfectly with the structure, forming the symbol. From what the notes say on the side, the effect of this astronomical phenomenon at this location would last for about 10-12 minutes before the moon passes that night. There are even numbers on the side detailing the supply and estimated time required to make such a structure. In a mere moment Aden detailed the plans of a potentially wonderful piece of architecture-

"All public knowledge though, well, I imagine that I should head back...the walk is far more peaceful than anything else I had this week..."

Almogs

03-20-2013

Quote:
Aden sighed as he took his watch back from Zelas.

"Your take on 'some' might be surprisingly inaccurate, if there is any sort of assumption both you and I might agree on it would be to always have your wits about you while going through the Institute. It is almost no different than walking through a larger city, the amount of politics and social conflicts is quite high and everyone that isn't some novice has found a way to secretly study the higher arts. As for the watch, it is a...keepsake, much like your necklace from the way you promote it..."

"I digress though, just one last thing..."

Aden's eyes flashed brilliantly blue as white lights pierced the skies for the briefest moment. After a bit the eyes ceased glowing, he calmly smiled after seeing such a heart-warming sight from his Clairvoyance-

"Not bad... but tell your sister that the summoning rituals can use not just an orb but a staff or other equally important catalysts, those are incorrect in her notes. But, from the amount of books you seem to have supplied her, she might be a prodigy. You are a surprisingly better older brother than I thought."
Zelas sighs

"My necklace is something of a bit more personal use for me. You see, I use the black diamond of the necklace as a last resort weapon, it is a very large black diamond compared to the others I use and it has pass down for quite a lot of generations now. I have no idea what does Shadowmancy has to do with my family though. I was the first to learn it for as far as I'm concerned."

Zelas shakes his head

"It appears I didn't put enough wards and defenses on my house. My sister, she shouldn't be watched as simply as that. I'll fix it. Also anyone that isn't some novice knows the higher arts of Summoning. But other than that, the only way you can learn other schools of magic is by going to an Arcanium and borrowing some books and tomes about that school. Currently Ryze has the only Arcanium around. Also, as a summoner who follows the rules you might wanna be careful, the Institute banned teaching and learning of any school of magic that isn't summoning. This is a rule even I agree with, this is why I only teach my sister the higher arts of summoning and not my shadowmancy. Some magic is just... Too powerful. About using the orb and the ability to forgoe it. I use my staff exclusively. The orb seems ridiculous for me. But I do not have the ability to buy new equipments for my sister at the moment. I think I will sell some of my other artifacts for the various museums in Valoran. The reason I teach my sister is because I do not want her to spend 2 years as a novice summoner controlling lesser minions. And because I want her to know the higher arts of summoning. Something they barely teach today as anyone that can lift an ant using his power and nothing more attempts to become a summoner."

Zelas sighs again

"Good day"

Xander Blade

03-20-2013

((I will post in soon, Just have to get my bearings straight again. Still have finals this week ;_; ))

12345612 ... 44