Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

No more vision on Health

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twosevenska

03-19-2013

So, coming from here (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3241982) it seems that vision on health buff was removed and it was actually a bug. Well I got a bit disappointed.

Some might think that vision was a bad thing since it would not let you crossover for ganks/steal their jungle, however that's isn't entirely true. Some of you probably don't know, but it was possible to crossover undetected through the health buff by ignoring it and sticking to the wall. This of course could lead to some interesting plays :

A) Ignore the health buff and gank/steal from/the enemy jungle;
B) Catch the health buff to recover/deny Health/Mana and quickly return to your jungle (speed buff);
C) Catch the health buff to safely and easily show yourself and force the enemy lanes to fallback;

Now the last update removed not only vision, but if anybody catches the Health Buff the icon won't update just like Vilemaw, thus giving free ganks at almost no expense. It also buffs champions that provide vision control (Teemo and Maokai) since the map provides no vision on the jungle. Let's be honest, the vision those altars provide is only useful to easily alert someone is conquering them and reveal who's there...

So I feel like 3vs3 has been kinda cheapened and made easier (as far as map control goes), and I ask those of you who share the same feeling to come forward and perhaps even show some suggestions. Those of you with valid reasons against this mindset are also welcomed in a civil manner.

It's only fair I start this suggestion thing. Wards on this map could be a thing. Not the regular ones, mind you, but for example the ones you get from the Explorer mastery (lower lifespan). Even if you limit the number of wards a team can have I still wouldn't mind giving up altar vision (or perhaps a fading vision system?) since if you're careful enough you can always see if someone is conquering an altar since the runes light up. Of course just like with Baron it would be impossible to place wards near Vilemaw.

Edit:

Forget all this, I now understand how that point was just bothersome after all and how to adapt to the lack of it.

Rôper

03-19-2013

Shift + L

Or maybe CTRL + L

It toggles healthbars

Twosevenska

03-19-2013

Quote:
Rôper:
Shift + L

Or maybe CTRL + L

It toggles healthbars

Vision on health buff... Please at least next time consider reading. I would change the title but it either doesn't change or has yet to update.

Nexusrage

03-19-2013

I confirm the loss of vision

I like th change, bug or not

Makes things more exiciting.

DrammaLamma

03-19-2013

you can still hear it when someone picks it up.

I am glad vision is gone.

wards are bad build a sweeper / lantern.

Twosevenska

03-20-2013

Quote:
DrammaLamma:
you can still hear it when someone picks it up.

I've yet to actually test that, but I had one quick game earlier and only noticed the sound when I had vision over the place where the health buff was supposed to be.

Dumaraz

03-20-2013

Quote:
Twosevenska:
I've yet actually test that, but I had one quick game earlier and only noticed the sound when I had vision over the place where the health buff was supposed to be.

I myself have confirmed in a game last-night (after patch,) that you can still *hear* the sound when *someone* (the opposing team) picks up the Health-BUFF, though as everyone has said, the ICON on the mini-map won't update (like Baron/ Vilemaw until friendly ally investigates the location,) which is perfectly fine in my opinion.

BTW OP, I definitely had to re-read your first few paragraphs several-times because I didn't know WHAT you were referring to as your subject for the thread. (Your title is extremely misleading and vague, and even in your verbiage + context clues felt loaded with misdirection only until the end somewhere I was able to determine you were inquiring about the 3v3map Health-Buff.

Twosevenska

03-20-2013

Quote:
Dumaraz:

BTW OP, I definitely had to re-read your first few paragraphs several-times because I didn't know WHAT you were referring to as your subject for the thread. (Your title is extremely misleading and vague, and even in your verbiage + context clues felt loaded with misdirection only until the end somewhere I was able to determine you were inquiring about the 3v3map Health-Buff.

Sorry and thanks about that. I think I just made it a bit more understandable, even I had some trouble reading it again this time. As for the title, I tried changing it already (http://i.imgur.com/Vr3s0JK.png) but I'm either failing hard doing it or just can't

Btw, do your hear the health buff being picked if your camera is focusing the lane?

Dumaraz

03-20-2013

Quote:
Twosevenska:
Sorry and thanks about that. I think I just made it a bit more understandable, even I had some trouble reading it again this time. As for the title, I tried changing it already (http://i.imgur.com/Vr3s0JK.png) but I'm either failing hard doing it or just can't

Btw, do your hear the health buff being picked if your camera is focusing the lane?

All good.

That's a good question, I'm not sure about that one =)-- I will try to determine that when I get home later.

In the case of last-night's game and in most cases on 3's map, (when an enemy grabs the health-pack) I'm top-lane in the bush, and I can hear the sound without have my camera completely focused on mid health-pack station, but toplane bushes are so close to health-pack station its hard to say if it's champ proximity + camera angle proximity, or just camera angle proximity.

ArlanKels

03-20-2013

I like it. It puts more strain on the jungler as well as promotes the usefulness of said jungler. You now can move in and invade, or gank, if the enemy team lacks a jungler with much greater ease. It also makes it easier to set up ambushes and other forms of smart thingy strategic stuff.

Now I just wish acing the enemy team in the early game let yo uactually get close to killing a tower.