Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Penalty for dodging Ranked MUST BE eliminated.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CDZoro

03-19-2013

Pretty much people in Ranked say: Pick > Call. That's cool for me sometimes, since some know what they're doing.

But most of the times and probably the reason why people DODGE in champ select in ranked, its when you realize you have a dumb or have dumbs in your team that give the Pick> Call excuse just to get the spot first and pick their champ without realizing they just countered themselves.

Pretty much of a good example:

Summoner 1: I mid

Me: Let other mid or switch champ with other or you will get countered easily if you choose mid first.

Summoner 1: Sorry Pick>Call

Summoner 2: Yeah Pick>Call l2p ranked

Me: *sigh*

Summoner 1 doesnt give a **** and choose Diana....

Enemy Summoner 2 chooses Mordekaiser

Enemy Summoner 1 chooses Shyvana (most likely to jungle)

Me: *Facedesk* There you go, have fun in mid getting your ass kicked.

Summoner 5: Let me jungle

Summoner 2: No *chooses Nocturne jungle* I'm best Jungle

Me: You do realize that Shyvana can invade you and counter you in jungle with Nocturne?

Summoner 2: OMG Jungle is just support, no counter.

Me: Ok **** this....*dodge*

BAM, penalty for dodging an already lost game and a big waste of time.

RIOT PLS NO PENALTY FOR DODGING RANKED

Tyvm c:

Eduardred

03-19-2013

true

Xx Tyrantz xX

03-19-2013

+1

Rockybro2

03-19-2013

Indeed. Once My team got like 2 adcs, first picking summoner just made his mind, likewise third summoner, and bam we were with 2 adcs, ez and ashe... ashe went mid and - oh - all went fine, but our team wouldn't get along, our teamfights always missed or ashe or ez - they wouldn't cooperate - and still we won due to winning all lanes - I went support. People go to a team game and do not cooperate, do not think like a team to avoid counter... fail so much hard... The idea I think is the best is to form your team, 5 ppl, that know what they're gonna do, and do it.

UgIierBetty

03-19-2013

I agree.

Sometimes my client crashes in champion select screen. If my client crashes in-game, I can just reconnect in less than 30 seconds.

However if I disconnect from the champion select it counts as a dodge. Not good if there's a penalty, because I dc a lot in champion select and I don't know what to do about it.

10wal

03-19-2013

little do u realize the penalty for leaving ranked gamed games is fake...you can read the faq yourself, it says that if u spam losses, your mmr will get very low and u will not gain many lp for wins and u will lose lots of lp for losses. well, if u lose lp from dodging or lp decay, this basically does the opposite. afterwards you will gain more lp for wins and lose less lp for losses since your mmr > lp.

ever gotten to ~90 lp and then u start getting +2 for wins and -20 for losses? well, i have. and if u ever read the forums, you will find its a common problem. its because lp are fake as ****, its just something pretty for you to look at, and when u get an lp penalty, it doesn't effect a damn thing. i mean if u dodge more games than you play, or u dodge games in promo series, itll stunt your (visual) advancement, but your mmr will continue to climb regardless.

technically u COULD be in bronze V and play with diamond ranked players, but u would have to devote your life to dodging every single promo series.

and its funny, how many players flipflop between "pick>call" and "dont first pick mid/top youll get countered" depending on which spot they are in.

And truthfully, the knew system is alot better than when a server error or random disconnect would cost you a 1/2 hour on your first dodge, and unlike the system before that where u lost ELO, its not abusable in any way because your mmr is not affected by your lp in any way. you cant have players automated queue dodges in order to play with sub bronze players.