Yorick vs. Fiora Top: Need Advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheGrayBuffoon

03-19-2013

I occasionally play top (support is my #1 role) and have enjoyed playing Yorick. I have won and lost with him and I will be the first to tell you that I still need to gain more experience with him.

The issue I have is versing Fiora. She bursts me down hard and can even tower dive me. Even when I play safe, i.e. farming I hold my own -- for awhile but eventually always lose against Fiora. Again, I realize it is my game play at this point that needs to improve.

Question: Is she a hard counter pick to Yorick? We were in Normal Draft and Fiora was picked after me.

Any other constructive advice would be appreciated.

Z The Slayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Almost all of Fiora's damage is her basic attacks. Even her ult is considered a flurry of basic attacks. And what's better against champion basic attacks than a Doran's Shield? You might even think about getting it before a tear.

If you are really worried, Yorick can usually hold his own against mages by getting a Chalice instead of a Tear, and then sending your mid top. Fiora is weak against bursts and stuns. Quite a few mages have both; maybe yours does.

lastchancexi

03-19-2013

Go tear into Giant's Belt. From there, get Sunfire or Randuin's. You really shouldn't have a problem with Fiora. Also, Ninja Tabi should help.

SeCKS Egai

03-20-2013

You really should be dominating a fiora on Yorick. Poke her consistently and you'll out-damage her sustain.

TheGrayBuffoon

03-20-2013

Thanks guys. After reading your posts I think my main issue was that I did not build properly. Should of started with a Dorans Shield, Tear and then Ninja Tabi. Should have concentrated armor and health.

I rushed Manamu which looking back was the wrong strategy.

Thanks again. I've learned something.

Joe10112

03-20-2013

I assume you build Yorick with E first? Harass early levels a lot. Try to gain a slight upper hand on her. If she dives in on you, E + W + Q and you have three ghouls. 15% less damage taken right there. Just start hitting her, and use your judgement to see if you should just walk away or continue hitting her until she runs away. If she starts her Ult, pop your Ult too. Suddenly she's in a "2v1" lane under your tower. Even if you die, she *should* be low enough so that with your re-animation, you can Q + E + W combo her and at least 1:1 trade, which is fine (could be better, but fine). As long as you don't play passively, I see no reason why Fiora is a tough lane for Yorick.

Orein123

03-21-2013

I main Fiora top, and honestly, I have to say that Yorick is my least favorite laning opponent. In order for me to win that lane I have to play overly agressive and prevent him from doing anything, which leaves me open to be ganked by pretty much anyone, and I tend to miss a lot of cs doing so. I don't play Yorick regularly, so I'm not positive on his complete playstyle, but I do know that if you play agressively against Fiora, she wont be able to do much of anything except hug turret and beg the jungler for ganks.
As far as playing against Fiora's actual abilities, you stop most of those as well. Her Q is just a dash that can be used twice. It doesn't do much damage to begin with, and if you are playing Yorick right, it brings her right in range for you to return some damage to her. Her W is one of the more annoying skills in my oppinion, just because it blocks an auto attack and returns some damage, but all champion mobs (Tibbers, Yorick ghouls, so on) will prock the block and the damage goes to them, not you, so that ability is out of the way. Fiora's E is just an attack speed steroid, so she needs to be close to you to use it anyways. Her ultimate can be annoying, but if you are even slightly beefy, it wont do anything to you, because each one of the five strikes deals 25% of the total damage if it hits someone she has already hit with her ult. As far as Fiora's build goes, she focuses purely on damage and attack speed, so the only real survivability she gets is from the high amount of lifesteal that comes with items such as Bloodthirster.