Riot LP system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Selcopa

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illdeath View Post
the problem is the more i get to understand the new ranked system the more i hate it.... this isnt me raging this is just me explaining why i think this new system isnt ideal. I am currently silver div 1, now when i get to 80 LPs i start to see a pretty large hit to my LP gain and i understand why and its because i am in the 1490 elo range now since gold div 1 is 1500 i am going to start slowing down because the system doesnt want me reaching 1500 elo before i am actualy gold 1. now my problem with this is with thee old system i wouldn't be held back from climbing up what so ever.
No, your elo/mmr does not slow down.

Is it possible that you could be at 1520 mmr/elo and not be gold, so yes, its different than last season, the difference is this season compared to other seasons, is you cant drop down, you cant go from gold to silver, as a result, instead of hopping back and forth between gold and silver, they make you work a little harder to get gold, but once you get it, you cant go back down.

Quote:
how am i getting held back? well most of you will know that the team you get matched with is 100% luck based and it was the same with the old system no changes there. But with the current system i need to win 6+ games to get from 80-100LPs in a row. now before silver div 1 4-5 games would get me from 0 LPs to 100 no problem. but winning 6+ games in a row all though not impossible it requires a pretty severe amount of luck. so i am currently getting held back because with the old system i would have been gold div 5 three times over by now. (because i have gotten all the way up to 97-98 LPs 3 times just to lose a game or 2 and drop down to 60lps)
Your team may be luck based, but your ability to win any much has very little to do with luck

Quote:
now if riot were to revert back to the old elo system or atleast ditch these qualifier games but keeping the tier lock (meaning if you are gold 5 you can never go back to silver 1 no matter how many games you lose) of the current system i feel it will give as much of a fair chance for someone like me who knows they have atleast plat 5 skill but cant seem to get there a fair chance to move up in the ranks.
If you have plat 5 skill, Silver 1 to Gold 5 will be no problem, you are delusional about your level of skill

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

suprachiasmatic

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter the Teddy View Post
Wanna know how the system works?

Win more than 50% of your games, regardless of your LP, and you'll advance.

Lose more than 50% of your games, regardless of your LP, and you'll drop.

Why the **** do people care about the numbers? Just win. Just ****ing win. You win, you go up. You keep winning, you keep going up. May not be instantly apparent, but one day you'll log on win a game and get 74 points. My first day of ranked I dropped from S3 to S5 and than LITERALLY won 2 games to get back to S4 series. It's equalled out a little more now. You will get to a point where your MMR balances out and you get fair points, or you'll get MORE points. Wait till that happens, you'll **** yourself with joy.

This is not an instant reward system. It's meant to take time to improve. Just play ranked, win as much as you can and enjoy it. If you get trolls, shrug it off and keep going. Just wait, you'll get 5 free wins because the enemy team deals with the same **** you do!
Guess what? you are wrong. It turns out it is a bug. I got an email from player support after I inquired. Clamping should ONLY occur as you approach the division one promo series. They are aware of the bug. They are working on the bug. So FYI to all who doubt us and think this is all just Q.Q - even Player support acknowledged that losing 24 LP and gaining 11 when you are in Bronze 3 should not be happening. So, yes, the system is broken and they are working on a fix.