Valor's role--Chaser? But Bruiser?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

From what I see, Valor is meant to be used for Quinn to quickly catch up to her opponent for a second round of burst (use all her spells, go Valor to chase->Vault->Blind->release for extra damage and back to Quinn, continue shooting).

However, I do find him to be quite frail, and even against bots, I often lose very significant HP during the small chase.

So something dawned on me--Quinn has some excellent way to disengage, as well as a AoE blind (emphasis on AoE), and lastly, a massive AS boost. Can't she be played as a Bruiser? Grab a mitigation/CRIT kit, and basically just roll off of your critical strikes and harass. Doable?

w3ak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

The bruiser thing isn't a new idea. The thing is, she just gets so much more out of being high AD than bruiser.
For her ult, you shouldn't really be engaging against more than 1 ad-carry by them self. Rather, save your ult for running away, sprinting to another lane for a gank, or assassinating people that are low. Personally I use it a lot for diving people under turret if they are relatively low; slow/dash in, blind, 2 seconds of attacking then de-activate ult for the aoe while dropping ignite. This is usually enough early game.

Xocolatl

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by w3ak View Post
The bruiser thing isn't a new idea. The thing is, she just gets so much more out of being high AD than bruiser.
For her ult, you shouldn't really be engaging against more than 1 ad-carry by them self. Rather, save your ult for running away, sprinting to another lane for a gank, or assassinating people that are low. Personally I use it a lot for diving people under turret if they are relatively low; slow/dash in, blind, 2 seconds of attacking then de-activate ult for the aoe while dropping ignite. This is usually enough early game.
Haha, yeah. Figured with a kit like that, a lot of people must've picked that up. Well, thankee ^^

xSeCKSx

03-20-2013

Valor can hurt a lot later on if built as a "natural" adc. Decent attack speed, damage and crit chance (ie/pd) and valor can do some nice burst damage utilizing the abilities.

I've only run her against ai so far, but valor is more for maneuverability and positioning from my experience. Base health and lack of mr per level really kill the bruiser aspect.