Thresh Lantern Mechanics Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stan SB

08-26-2013

Teleporting with Thresh by use of his Dark Passage(W i.e. his lantern).

For example: Thresh runs teleport, and before he cast tele he throws out his lantern and the split second before he teleports the adc clicks the lantern and is transported with Thresh.

Is this possible? It would make for very strong duo ganks and make it easier for the bot lane to get to fights or objectives across the map.

Chillzilla

08-26-2013

It is possible, however whoever clicking the lantern would have to have epic timing.

Best thing i've seen so far was blitz hooking someone and before they arrived clicked the lantern and pulled someone with blitz's hook deep into enemy territory.

but yeah, you can do scary things with thresh's lantern if timed correctly

raven0513

08-27-2013

This just has me thinking about if the person clicking the lantern was revealed from say a bushwack, enemies just see someone flying across the minimap, i know i would stop and sit there thinking "Sup Thresh, gimme a sec to dunk this guy and *notices flying Vayne*WTF is going o-OMFG THRESH AND VAYNE HOW?!?!?!"

NaginataX

08-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillzilla View Post
It is possible, however whoever clicking the lantern would have to have epic timing.

Best thing i've seen so far was blitz hooking someone and before they arrived clicked the lantern and pulled someone with blitz's hook deep into enemy territory.

but yeah, you can do scary things with thresh's lantern if timed correctly
Yeah I saw that vid too. Good stuff.

@OP Theoretically possible, but not something I would try to attempt since the likelihood of it being mistimed is substantial. It's about as likely as those times you get punched off the screen from like Alistar's popup or Blitz's pop while using a move of your own. Would probably only happen by accident if ever.

magicmuffin008

Recruiter

08-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven0513 View Post
This just has me thinking about if the person clicking the lantern was revealed from say a bushwack, enemies just see someone flying across the minimap, i know i would stop and sit there thinking "Sup Thresh, gimme a sec to dunk this guy and *notices flying Vayne*WTF is going o-OMFG THRESH AND VAYNE HOW?!?!?!"
I was thinking of something similar with lee sin, like if u q shen while he uses stand united if you time correctly would you just see lee sin flying across the map

raven0513

08-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmuffin008 View Post
I was thinking of something similar with lee sin, like if u q shen while he uses stand united if you time correctly would you just see lee sin flying across the map
There goes the hope of a 3v2 down bot lane as a flying lee smashs the adc's face

or what if the lee sin times his w to jump into mid lane for a random gank :3