April Fool's Joke ideas for Riot:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FFF1

03-19-2013

Imagine Riot reading this forum thread and using its ideas to hidden update the game on April 1st so that people will try at least one game under this update and be so appalled that they never want to play this game again, that is until April 2nd, when they reverse the changes.

So, discuss potentially very small edits Riot could implement to make the game seem so awesome, that is until they try it out. [Riot may claim to have problems with Ranked games so as to not harm the Ranked stats]

My idea:
Make any abilities cast at fountain have a cooldown equal to how fast you can press the hotkey.

Planned Effect: change the meta to make every team mandatory to include characters with Global Ultimates. After people realize both Karthus and Soroka are mandatory, they will attempt to rush those champions to level 6 and then spam ults until end of game or a surrender at 20.

Addition foreseen effects: someone will have to sacrifice a finger to "Riot" in order to win a game. after pressing R so many times for 15~50 minutes. the person will have no finger.

look at this .gif file to see what I mean:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ashSuicide.gif

Additional ideas please so Riot has more of a selection.

PS2Riot: it may be more helpful to make the hidden update on April 2nd, and remove it on April 3rd, to confuse the general public.

ZOMGTURTLE

03-19-2013

Riot will never do anything to negatively effect competative play just for an April Fool's joke.

FFF1

03-19-2013

Quote:
[Riot may claim to have problems with Ranked games so as to not harm the Ranked stats]
prove it.

FFF1

03-19-2013

you suck. I wasn't expecting it to go anywhere on Riot's part, i was coming up with essentially a forum discussion/game about League. way to ruin the fun. >.<

cauliflower

03-19-2013

i had an idea for an april fools joke. When the game starts, a karthus ult kills all 10 players. Then the clock resets and the game actually starts