Zyra discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vinterheim

03-23-2013

Anyway, saying Zyra is not a viable pick is just dumb, the amount of utility she brings along with her burst is amazing in team fights:
-Huge AoE CC
-Nice Burst
-Zoning with plants
-Long range CC on her E

RadiantPyrophore

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinterheim View Post
Anyway, saying Zyra is not a viable pick is just dumb, the amount of utility she brings along with her burst is amazing in team fights:
-Huge AoE CC
-Nice Burst
-Zoning with plants
-Long range CC on her E
Problem is if the only thing she can hit anyone with outside of facechecking is her ult, she's underpowered as a mid mage.

Like, way underpowered.

Guaire

03-23-2013

The nerf to her e's travel speed was a little harsh I think, and as a QoL adjustment I think they should remove the cast time on her passive, or let it be a charge-up shot like varus' q or Vi. Otherwise I like her.

Nick

RadiantPyrophore

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaire View Post
The nerf to her e's travel speed was a little harsh I think, and as a QoL adjustment I think they should remove the cast time on her passive, or let it be a charge-up shot like varus' q or Vi. Otherwise I like her.

Nick
Ehh, her passive is fine.

Her E's travel time is horrid though, it's effectively impossible to hit at anything greater than half range, which is kind of okay if she's sitting in the brush with it, but totally unacceptable in mid lane.

iNfiniTe Se7eNz

03-23-2013

I definitely agree that she is underpowered. I haven't hit 30 yet, so I play her unranked, as an AP mid, but I do get hit by some of the some of the same issues addressed in the OP. Granted, it doesn't mean I am unable to carry hard, but that's usually because I get fed.

Her snare's hit rate can be atrocious at times, and at the range where its travel time isn't a huge issue she is grossly outperformed by other champions. Coupled with low speed and no escape ability, her practicality as a ranged champion is severely compromised. Even on the offensive end, she is a terrible chaser, and that can often lead to escaped prey, which can be outright frustrating.

A few tweaks that I think would work well would be:

1) Further cast range for abilities-- as a counter to her slow speed
2) Increased speed on snare, possibly greater AoE-- this would drastically improve her overall utility
3) Increased range, duration, and survivability of plants-- their damage is fine
4) Increased speed and damage of passive

An escape would be nice too, although unlikely, I would imagine some way to 'jump' to one of her seeds using a vine would be pretty cool.

Lord Malice

03-25-2013

I appreciate the comments, I think most of you are feeling what i'm feeling. Main point is that she was over-nerfed, When she first came out she was OP because she had Great burst and Great Utility, but they have nerfed both her Burst and her Utility.

My point is simply this. Nerf one of those things but not both.

If they want to bring back her damage that she used to have then she will be viable mid lane as a high risk high reward champ, Or bring back her utility then she will be a pokey champ with low damage but good cc. both are fine, In an effort to not pigeonhole Zyra into one role Riot nerfed both and then made her bad at both roles. IMO

Lord Malice

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinterheim View Post
-Huge AoE CC
-Nice Burst
-Zoning with plants
-Long range CC on her E
I guess what I meant is that she's not a viable competitive pick, if u get into the higher ELO ranked range 1600 plus I would say, you are never gonna land your snare and you don't zone anybody with ur plants unless the lane ur going against is a slow melee type mid. any ranged ap mid can just auto attck ur plants and get free gold, all it manages to do is push ur lane and they get free cs. if u push to harass ur very open to ganks and u die in higher elo ganks when ur zyra.

figwrap

03-26-2013

the thing they should change with zyra is increase the missile speed of her roots (e). they did not have to nerf both the missile speed and width. or vice versa, keep speed but increase width.

Also her passive is totally useless, i used to always play zyra and now there is very little reward for having your plants on the field as well. they nerfed every single skill on her, every one. the passive nerf was a little bit too much, you have a better chance at winning on a slot machine then landing that bad boy. its slow, clunky and has very little range and damage isnt even that significant.

ZeroSoulreaver

03-26-2013

Zyra used to be good, but she is now way too predictable and not as strong mid. She's only really decent in ARAM now because their is nowhere to run.

The problem is their are too many good mid lane champs with great gap closers these days. Once you close the gap on Zyra she has nothing substantial at all.

Lord Malice

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by figwrap View Post
the thing they should change with zyra is increase the missile speed of her roots (e). they did not have to nerf both the missile speed and width. or vice versa, keep speed but increase width.

Also her passive is totally useless, i used to always play zyra and now there is very little reward for having your plants on the field as well. they nerfed every single skill on her, every one. the passive nerf was a little bit too much, you have a better chance at winning on a slot machine then landing that bad boy. its slow, clunky and has very little range and damage isnt even that significant.

LOL ain't that the truth, her passive is basically no passive, if you're going to make it that hard to land you gotta make the damage worth it, Even if you do manage to land it, it just tickles them and they keep farming. So you feel good for landing it but then... who cares cause it's not like it did any damage.

if you compare her passives to the other death passives ( Karthus, Kog-maw) Zyra's is like pure ass.. At least with Kog's you can force a flash most of the time.