How should q's be divided?

True solo q option, and a solo/duo option. 18 28.13%
leave it how it is, it's fine 28 43.75%
True solo q option, remove duo q altogether for ranked 10 15.63%
leave it how it is but change rules for allowing duo q (elo must be within X of each other) 8 12.50%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Riot should implement a TRUE SOLO Q option (no duo allowd)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kronic Skillz

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchulus View Post
Dude, some people have friends. You might not but most people enjoy duo queue.
that would be why i voted for the option to leave duo/solo q and create a 3rd option for TRUE SOLO Q

why the hell do you not understand this? i didn't vote for remove duo q i just put that option there so every opinion had something to vote for

THIS COMMUNITY DOES NOT EVEN UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF POLL GOD HELP US ALL

Kronic Skillz

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkstronaut View Post
Man, I'm so glad you listed the reasons you listed. I was gonna be upset if you said something about "fairness" or whatever, cuz that's a separate issue.

I fully agree with all 4 points, and think a true solo queue would benefit everyone. It would even do a lot to dissuade toxic behavior in the place where it makes the biggest impact.

For a while now, I've hoped for a way to disable queuing with premades/duos... Not because I don't want to play against them, but because I don't want to play WITH them.

thank god someone with a brain exists.

Urgas

03-19-2013

The duo queue would take forever because you would need two groups of 2 and two groups of 3 to start a match, there would be no singles to fill out the 5 person teams. There is no way it would happen.

MrSirGrowlz

03-19-2013

The biggest problem with trying to separate solo and duo queue is that duo queue games would never take place.

There is no motivation as a solo player to choose to be put into a game with a duo queue when you can just play with 4 other solo players. And seeing that 2+2 =/= 5 duo queue games would never start.

The biggest way I could see around this would be to allow for a duo/trio queue, but I think the times would end up being really long. I guess they could also get rid of duo queues altogether and make people who want to play together played normal.

Urgas

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowser View Post
he said singles would be allowed to queue for it too, they just have the option of the other queue
Which would mean that everyone that was playing single would want everyone else that they play with to be single to make sure that they didn't have good communication between any 2 players like an ADC and support. It is in their best interest. The option not to does not change the argument that it will not work.

All singles would single queue, and leave anyone else in another size party other than five hanging out in the wind.

Subdue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Splitting the queues has a number of problems associated with it including longer queue times, ambiguity of function, and double the effort to climb the ratings.

Quirk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

It's called banning the toxic players that give duo queues a bad name, and let the good ones, who don't even announce that they're duo-ing because they know people like you will go ape**** if they do, keep duo-ing.

Quirk

03-19-2013

Also, *****ing at everybody who disagrees with you reflects 100% the behavior listed in one of your "reasons" for why duo queue is bad.

And is generally not a good way to garner support.

Kronic Skillz

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subdue View Post
Splitting the queues has a number of problems associated with it including longer queue times, ambiguity of function, and double the effort to climb the ratings.
the first 2 of your points were already addressed.

longer q times would only be for ppl who WANT to WAIT in the OPTIONAL true solo q.

the second 2 of your points need further explination, the only way its harder to climb ratings without duo is if your getting carried..

my account is 1500 after like 30 games and 1700 after around 100, and the few games i did duo were ppl lower elo than me duoing with me and most of them i lost.

if you ask me duo makes the ladder less accurate, and removing it would make it easier to climb ratings (unless you dont belong higher than you are based on skill level and performance)

Kronic Skillz

03-19-2013

it seems 40% of people don't think duo q is a problem and 60% do, i wonder how much of the 40% who voted to leave it are majority duo q,ers