How should q's be divided?

True solo q option, and a solo/duo option. 18 28.13%
leave it how it is, it's fine 28 43.75%
True solo q option, remove duo q altogether for ranked 10 15.63%
leave it how it is but change rules for allowing duo q (elo must be within X of each other) 8 12.50%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

POLL: Riot should implement a TRUE SOLO Q option (no duo allowd)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kronic Skillz

03-19-2013

the reasons for this thinking can be found on this thread.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3240704

this new thread is just to create a poll, to get an idea of how many people want it.

Kronic Skillz

03-19-2013

i'll repost the main topic, but if you use the link provided you can also read the discussion about what i posted. Here's what i said.

my request is a simple one and i will give reasons following.

i request that there be 2 seperate options when qing for ranked and normal.

SOLO ONLY Q
SOLO/DUO Q

REASONS WHY THERE SHOULD BE SEPERATE.

1. when playing with duo q you are forced to play with people far above and below your elo making games not very even and often causes 1-2 feeders (weather it be the duo q feeding or the duo q dominating some poor sap who got laned against a plat duoing with a bronze smurf played by a second plat player)

2. duo q's often will give up far easier and when they do it's 2 ppl giving up and not 1. (completely ruins a game)

3. duo q's often cause fights (duo q's have the tendency to be able to do nothing wrong, and pick a fight with other members of the team then threaten "enjoy your double report" now not only does a duo q have more power to influence a win/loss they also have more reporting power. not fair at all

4 duo q team often feel like a team of 3 and a team of 2 rather than a team of 5. i've played so many games where it's an obvious baaron or dragon oppurtunity and the duo continues to do their own thing (basing or pushing when the other 3 solo q members can somehow coordinate the duo q members think they are in their own game.

there are more reasons but i'm going to just start here.

Practical application.

- solo q only .... self explanitory.
- solo/duo... since you will be getting far less solo q's then the current system i think most of these games would end up as double duo and 1 solo q. its also possible that the wait for this q would be a little longer, but frankly if ppl insist on duo the extra few minutes atleast they have a friend to hang out with while they are waiting. and the wait would still probly be far less then say diamond tier or challenger teir q's.

post any thoughts or comments please just interested in community response to this thought.

Kronic Skillz

03-19-2013

poll votes should really bump the thread, who designed it so ppl voting on a poll doesn't bump thread? looks like im going to have to bump this 100 times

Cowser

03-19-2013

the first option wont happen, not because its a bad idea but because it will increase Q times for people who are really low or really high,

"elo must be within X of each other" this could be done but isn't it kind of pointless? very few people queue with people with drastically different elo's afaik

Kronic Skillz

03-19-2013

cowser but if there is an option for duo/solo
then it will only increase q times for people willing to wait. there will still be the other option.

Kronic Skillz

03-19-2013

for ppl unwilling to wait they can q into the same duo q trolling mess they have been for years, personally i would rather wait an extra 2-5 minutes to be q with solo q only, when im playing by myself.

Elchulus

03-19-2013

Dude, some people have friends. You might not but most people enjoy duo queue.

Kronic Skillz

03-19-2013

what kind of ignorant fool downvotes a poll thread where all opinions are welcomed... for God sakes how are ppl that ignorant. i wish i could ban the downvoter from beind able to vote i really do.

Cowser

03-19-2013

you dont understand, your splitting up the solo/duo queue population=higher queue times for everyone

Funkstronaut

03-19-2013

Man, I'm so glad you listed the reasons you listed. I was gonna be upset if you said something about "fairness" or whatever, cuz that's a separate issue.

I fully agree with all 4 points, and think a true solo queue would benefit everyone. It would even do a lot to dissuade toxic behavior in the place where it makes the biggest impact.

For a while now, I've hoped for a way to disable queuing with premades/duos... Not because I don't want to play against them, but because I don't want to play WITH them.