I think the Journey Into The Freljord II: The Winterís Claw is a win

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Subalternate01

03-19-2013

If you have not looked at it check it out..

Finally some deets on Sej and what looks like to be a beginning into into Lisandra.

Nice work lore team excited for more fun stuff to come down the pipe :-)

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

...And yet another Lore thread, which wasn't posted in the Lore forum.

I feel sorry for Sylph sometimes : /

Melancholy Exile

03-19-2013

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I really feel like this entry is pretty lacking. The sum of new information in the entire post is:

• Sejuani's people are raiding Avarosan settlements
  • Some of Ashe's followers have left to join The Winter's Claw

It doesn't actually make any effort to explore the social or political reasons for them defecting, leaving it up in the air as to whether it was out of respect, fear or disenfranchisement with Ashe's ways, and doesn't actually provide any context for what this attack represents. Most information about Freljord suggests Sejuani is significantly outnumbered, and has no notable allies to call upon, so a small-scale piece like this doesn't really do much more that pigeon-hole her into being the raider the Avarosans believe her to be. Rather than making her seem a threat, it gives the impression that she's still a long way short of being a credible opponent to Ashe's military might and forced to settle for small-scale confrontations.

Quinn remarks "It appears Sejuani is more than a destroyer" but this comment is more than a little undermined by the fact that she's making it after watching The Winter's Claw celebrating looting and burning Avarosan settlements. It seems a really bizarre thing to say in that situation.

I'm also baffled why she thinks Sejuani's Freljord could be a threat to Demacia? Why would that be the case?

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Why should Quinn be writing about politics or sociology in her personal journal? It's not an essay on either of those topics, and I am quite sure that a single scout would not have enough time to gather enough info on those - if she did write this, it would be OOC knowledge mixing in, and that is poor writing etiquette. Yes, Sejuani's followers are not a grand military force yet, but they are growing, and the ones joining them are none other than Ashe's former followers - this is more dangerous than it looks, and Quinn understands this. A leader doesn't have to gloriously ride on his high horse (boar), charging the enemy stronghold to be respected as one.

And she is respected. Sejuani is more than a destroyer - she is a leader, and it takes a strong hand to do what she is doing, even moreso to succeed at it. Yes, the insurgents are not an advanced military organization, but we only work with what we have - barbarians. If they need to take their supplies from the enemy, they will destroy and loot, and then boast their conquest with a pint at a campfire, that is how tribes are. What is wrong about this?

Also, Demacia has a long history of wars against barbarian tribes, mostly ones in Kaladoun - right now, Freljord's ruling pair has a policy set for peace and cooperation with Demacia; but if Sejuani actually overthrows them, it may turn the tables and dislodge the peaceful coexistence. This is what Demacia doesn't want - and this is why Quinn is currently there.

Sylph

Emissary of the League

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eredale View Post
...And yet another Lore thread, which wasn't posted in the Lore forum.

I feel sorry for Sylph sometimes : /
It's a bit more work, but the benefits of attracting more viewers, far outweigh my feeble efforts here in the Lore Forum.

We have been cheering for Lore to make a triumphant return, and it has, sorta... just *points* over there sometimes! (runs to GD)

kitae

Lead Designer

03-22-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We haven't forgotten you guys!

When we release new lore it is generally going to be in the general forum. New lore is for everyone.

The lore forum is more a place for detailed discussion of lore. But, we pay special attention to the post and discussions here since we know you guys are the hard core lore fans.

1Eredale

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post

When we release new lore it is generally going to be in the general forum. New lore is for everyone.

The lore forum is more a place for detailed discussion of lore. But, we pay special attention to the post and discussions here since we know you guys are the hard core lore fans.
We know, thank you~

But, if it's not too much to ask, could the ones posting the lore threads in GD please post a duplicate thread here? I, personally, don't monitor GD on a constant basis, and I always feel like I fell out of the loop whenever a 'Hey, that new lore thread is great' thread pops up here, and I think I'm not the only one.

Alex3omg

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post

Can you guys post that stuff in the client? There's a lore tab... We used to get little popups when there was a new JoJ and I think you should bring that back.

EnvyDragon

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex3omg View Post
Can you guys post that stuff in the client? There's a lore tab... We used to get little popups when there was a new JoJ and I think you should bring that back.
^This this this! Lore's good, but not all hardcore lore fans spend much time on the forums, and it seems a shame that - as forum threads eventually die out and get locked - so much good character development will be lost to history.

It would be good to start compiling that somewhere in the client, I think. If the trend continues as to the quality of lore we're getting, then it would be good to ensure that EVERYONE who plays can get a chance to see it.

Drandim

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eredale View Post
We know, thank you~

But, if it's not too much to ask, could the ones posting the lore threads in GD please post a duplicate thread here? I, personally, don't monitor GD on a constant basis, and I always feel like I fell out of the loop whenever a 'Hey, that new lore thread is great' thread pops up here, and I think I'm not the only one.
agreed