Should have dodged...

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axiom Prime

Senior Member

03-19-2013

Ranked game, 1st Pick goes Graves, I'm ok with that, I go Vi Jungle, normally I can carry hard as Vi.

5 minutes into the game, 1st pick had to recconnect 3 times, MF got 4 levels on him, at one point he was level 3 and we were all level 12...Guess what? He's hispanic and can't speak english. Guess what else? Between the little bit of spanish I could understand he was complaining about how he hasn't played since S1 and the update to SR makes his machine run at 5fps...

Oh here's the kicker, he fed 0/8 in 20 minutes, with his duo buddy Nunu who fed 2/6 in 10 minutes, and the best part, after we finally got the surrender I looked at his wins....0...0 ****ing wins, not 10, not 20, 0...Now Riot exlain to me how a Latin American with 0 wins in ranked since who knows when is placed as first pick in a Bronze III Team? Yes I know, it's Bronze and none of you care, however Matchmaking is supposed to be taking similar MMR Values into place, how is a guy with 0 wins close to a guy with 100+ Ranked games played and a 57/54 win rate?

Are you matching people in placement matches up with other ranked players? Didn't learn from your 1200 Elo mistake? The most I could do was report him for feeding and explain that he admitted to having a sub par machine and connection. Guys like this shouldn't be playing in ranked, and should be banned out for toxic behavior, if you know your machine is **** any attempt at playing ranked is griefing. And you should be banned over time if you don't understand that your piss poor machine is affecting others especially in a ranked competitive scene, if he wants to play Draft with that **** fine, but Ranked is a different deal and people take it seriously.

Edit: Lol I was also called racist for explaining to him and his buddy that I hate playing with Hispanics. I didn't use a racial slur, I just explained that through my experience hispanics that cant speak english or have suboptimal machines or connections generally cause me a lot of losses, and for that reason had they spoke spanish before the game started I would have dodged and lost 3 lp instead of 18. Apparently not liking to play with a group of people based on my own experiences with that group is racist.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DragnDave

Senior Member

03-19-2013

Racist.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axiom Prime

Senior Member

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragnDave View Post
Racist.

I'm even going to like that, just because I find it hilarious


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadowLing77777

Member

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragnDave View Post
Racist.

I disliked it because I Found it ignorant and dumb


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elsabet

Senior Member

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom Prime View Post
Apparently not liking to play with a group of people based on my own experiences with that group is racist.
Duh, GEE! Apparently generalizing every individual of a group based on my experiences with some members of that group makes me a generalizer!!

Yes, when that generalization is race-based, it falls under the category of racism.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elsabet

Senior Member

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom Prime View Post
my own experiences with that group
More to the point, when did you have an experience with the group of all Spanish-speaking, non English-speaking players? And what was that like, experiencing that entire group? Must have been a very strange experience.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axiom Prime

Senior Member

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabet View Post
Duh, GEE! Apparently generalizing every individual of a group based on my experiences with some members of that group makes me a generalizer!!

Yes, when that generalization is race-based, it falls under the category of racism.
Funny story, my step family is mexican...one of the reasons I know a bit of spanish, I don't hate them? But I do hate playing with people that can't speak enlgish, or through my experiences have subpar machines...The fact that the majority of people I find like this are hispanic is a side note, I'd still hate playing with a white guy if I knew his **** was ****ed up too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elsabet

Senior Member

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom Prime View Post
The fact that the majority of people I find like this are hispanic is a side note, I'd still hate playing with a white guy if I knew his **** was ****ed up too.
But it's not a side-note. You said that this is your basis for not wanting to play with Spanish-speakers.. including Spanish-speakers you've never met, who you know nothing about.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axiom Prime

Senior Member

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabet View Post
But it's not a side-note. You said that this is your basis for not wanting to play with Spanish-speakers.. including Spanish-speakers you've never met, who you know nothing about.

It's a side note in the sense that I hate playing with people that have subpar machines and connections, the fact that the majority of people I find like this are latin american is the side note, like I said I'd still hate playing with an American the moment I found out their machines and connections were terrible. Through my experiences the majority of people I find like this are Hispanic, and to be safe I'd prefer not to play with them as my experiences have shown that they tend to lead to failure and defeat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elsabet

Senior Member

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom Prime View Post
It's a side note in the sense that I hate playing with people that have subpar machines and connections, the fact that the majority of people I find like this are latin american is the side note
That's not a side note, it's a major premise of your argument, which is this:

A) Teammates with bad machines lead to losses
B) Teammates with bad machines are more likely to be latin american - OR - latin american players are more likely than not to have bad machines.

Conclusion: Latin Americans are more likely to lead to losses.


I mean, that argument is generated from your claims. Your racist generalization is central to your point. If you want to retract any of your points, you need to actually say that. You can't just say "Oh no, my racism is neither here nor there; it's the bad machines I'm upset with."


123