Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dont You think We need More AI (difficulty levels) to the bots !!

Yes 47 85.45%
No 8 14.55%
Voters 55 .

HeY RioT :)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CraZzYBoY07

03-19-2013

Quote:
SpadeCA:
Due to the amount of Current Bot Scripts(AI), there is one for each champion that is a bot. To update, add features, possibly recode every single champ's script, could take a very long time and truly, its not a main focus. You can try and make AI human like but, it will never be human.

yeah dude i knw this is hard mission for RIOT
its just my small suggestion thats alll

CraZzYBoY07

03-19-2013

:P

Vinh C H E

03-20-2013

Riot make really good AI. You can't rush them to make more. I think we can just encourage them to make the CO.OP vs AI more challenge. I really love how the bot use the perfect combo on me.
To me, if riot want to make it harder to play, then they should improve the early game of all the champ. To me, it is just too easy to get fed and snowball hard from the beginning.

CraZzYBoY07

03-20-2013

Quote:
Vinh C H E:
Riot make really good AI. You can't rush them to make more. I think we can just encourage them to make the CO.OP vs AI more challenge. I really love how the bot use the perfect combo on me.
To me, if riot want to make it harder to play, then they should improve the early game of all the champ. To me, it is just too easy to get fed and snowball hard from the beginning.

yeah thats a good point u got there early game the bots are very bad

Vinh C H E

03-20-2013

One more thing i want to talk about is riot can not make AI bot for every champ. Cause some champ are not depend on using spell combo/auto attack to fight the game. For example: Singed. He depend on moving and staying alive. Or teemo shroom can't be place like a robot. Player have different kind of playing place shroom differently.

And jungler bot is not an option at all.
Yeah bot can make a leash, bot can farm jungle creep. But how can they gank. It not like bot will hide in the brush all the time and wait untill you in the range then gank. Jungler think a lot when they playing a game. Like counter jungle/gank which lane/ help which lane/ gank or farm. I think it is just too much for a bot. The script would be really long. And each jungler have different kind of playstyle too. Shaco and Udyr can not use the same jungle script.
It make the whole problem be come more and more complicate. So

Quote:
1.Jungle bots
2.Ganking bots

Is a no no for me.
Quote:

3.Bots that check bush for enemies
4.Bots that use wards

A face check bot? And a warding bot?
I don't know about it. Do you know when to place a teemo shroom. And do you place the same place everygame/whole game? I just don't know if a bot know that they have to ward their jungle, their brush, use oracle to kill ward ect.

So i think AI has its limit. We can alway make it better but we can't make it perfect.

Chen Yakumo

03-20-2013

I think the problem here isn't so much with difficulty as it is with exploitability. That is to say, when you play bots enough, you start to see how they think, how they'll react to certain situations, and it's easy to exploit and capitalize on their set behavior. As was said, a lot of bots will use skill just because they are off CD - I've had a Taric bot chase me from top lane almost to dragon to try and stun me (and once he did he just walked off anyway).

Vinh C H E

03-21-2013

Quote:
Shauntal:
I think the problem here isn't so much with difficulty as it is with exploitability. That is to say, when you play bots enough, you start to see how they think, how they'll react to certain situations, and it's easy to exploit and capitalize on their set behavior. As was said, a lot of bots will use skill just because they are off CD - I've had a Taric bot chase me from top lane almost to dragon to try and stun me (and once he did he just walked off anyway).

You can say that it is bot not human. Even we can take advantage of know what our enemy will do. Something like juking. Cause human play sometime like bot. Automatically

TheRealAlastar

03-21-2013

I'd be happy if every champion became a random option for the enemy side in beginner bots.

I play nothing but bots because I like to have fun in the game, I am too stressful in PvP to have fun. Even if I was to win in PvP with a decent score, I find myself too....aggravated...it's just not fun for me, so I do bots.

Variety of champions like intermediate, without the super cheap fact that they build despite having no money would be nice. Beginner Bot games with more champions, I'd love that so much. <3

CraZzYBoY07

03-21-2013

Quote:
Vinh C H E:
One more thing i want to talk about is riot can not make AI bot for every champ. Cause some champ are not depend on using spell combo/auto attack to fight the game. For example: Singed. He depend on moving and staying alive. Or teemo shroom can't be place like a robot. Player have different kind of playing place shroom differently.

And jungler bot is not an option at all.
Yeah bot can make a leash, bot can farm jungle creep. But how can they gank. It not like bot will hide in the brush all the time and wait untill you in the range then gank. Jungler think a lot when they playing a game. Like counter jungle/gank which lane/ help which lane/ gank or farm. I think it is just too much for a bot. The script would be really long. And each jungler have different kind of playstyle too. Shaco and Udyr can not use the same jungle script.
It make the whole problem be come more and more complicate. So

Is a no no for me.

A face check bot? And a warding bot?
I don't know about it. Do you know when to place a teemo shroom. And do you place the same place everygame/whole game? I just don't know if a bot know that they have to ward their jungle, their brush, use oracle to kill ward ect.

So i think AI has its limit. We can alway make it better but we can't make it perfect.

IF other MOBA GAMES can do it y Cant RIOT ?
its not the matter they cant !! they wont !! thats it
cuz its a lot of headache n needs lots of programming
my b they will consider this in the future but not now !!

CraZzYBoY07

03-21-2013

Quote:
TheRealAlastar:
I'd be happy if every champion became a random option for the enemy side in beginner bots.

I play nothing but bots because I like to have fun in the game, I am too stressful in PvP to have fun. Even if I was to win in PvP with a decent score, I find myself too....aggravated...it's just not fun for me, so I do bots.

Variety of champions like intermediate, without the super cheap fact that they build despite having no money would be nice. Beginner Bot games with more champions, I'd love that so much. <3

yea dude me to wud love it
Every bots should b there in the custom game beginner bots list that wud b nice
but yeah just like VinH CHE said its hard to program some bots like teemo who need to plant mush carefully n also champs like draven who needs to focus on catching the axes
thats hard work
still its possible but hard