Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Dont You think We need More AI (difficulty levels) to the bots !!

Yes 47 85.45%
No 8 14.55%
Voters 55 .

HeY RioT :)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CraZzYBoY07

Senior Member

03-19-2013

Quote:
xtraf:
If I'm right the current bots champions are the easy-to-compute AI..(easy to write when to cast what spell and go where). Champions like draven whom requires so much moving and thinking in using that q and catching that axes is pretty much impossible to have an AI (I think...) and also things like baiting, kiting (I can see they have added ashe kiting but still not complete), jungle requires too much map awareness and personal thinking. At the end of the day, they are AI not real players... So I guess we can't ask too much for it.

I have played 2000+ co-op vs ai games, and I found that Intermediate bots are pretty good to fight against.
* They gain exp and gold as time goes. (you can see no matter how many times they have died, at about 30 mins into a game, they get just every item they need)
* Intermediate bots are easy to kill early on, but becomes hard to kill later on. (Especially after 40 mins they have all god items and 2 pots)
* If you destroy one turret, they will start switching lanes and gank
* Intermediate bots do use their summoner spell whereas easy bots don't
* bots can cast their combo perfectly and just nuke you down ← I think there's a problem here, a lot of times bots over kill. Champs like karthus, ez, ziggs, lux they will just cast their ulti if it is not on cd when you are under certain hp and would be enough to kill you even though your death is already guaranteed
(I have tried using Sivir, intentionally become very low and wait until that karthus bot's ulti comes up just spell shield) (with bots on our side, I can see that shen and soraka will just ulti when someone in the team is under cerrtain %hp wasting)
What I'm trying to say is I guess the casting spell regards to the enemy's/ally's current hp is not that good.... The casting mechanism needs a little rework sometime.

* bots never have any kind of vission control or any kind of vission awareness. (you can have 5 man waiitng in a bush and one goes out to bait a bot, bot will just come straight into the bush. This happens every single game, and I like to use this to abuse bot xD) May be sometime in the future add some vission mechanism into the AI?
Other than that, I think the bots we have right now serves pretty good, they do what they need and yes int-bot gam is not a 100% guaranteed win. I did play with bad players and end up losing the game. They are extremely op after 30-40 mins. (but we can always try backdoor to win)


I agree with u 100% dude
as i said its just my small suggestion to RIOT
which the can accept or ignore in future
i did my job shared my idea
because i know some other games which are better in this part
I WANT LEAGUE OF LEGENDS TO BE the BEST n NO:1


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zhyreth

Junior Member

03-19-2013

Well, I like the Idea of having another difficulty at AI games, cuz sometimes i Just like having fun without thinking about to play really serious. There surely are People who prefer playing vs bots, cuz not everyone wants to Jungle or keep to the 'rules' of having the right roles to play.

At normal games u have to fit for the Team, but I don't always want that, and there are lots of players testing new champs or want to try something new, so, if there were Harder bots with f.e. Junglin, Ganking etc. they could test it like almost in a normal game to see if another build fits them better, or improve their skills to keep up at normal games.

I believe that some Players are leveling their accounts just on Botgames, but when they get lv 30 and haven't played any normal games, it could get hard to win this, then there will be ragers or sth and those newbie 30 players perhaps dont want to play on normal games or want to improve, but on those intermediate bots u cant rly improve, u just learn how they react and can play almost asleep.

But I can also live with the bots atm now XD would be nice with another difficulty, but I dont think they would focus on doin one ^^ so when AI games gettin bored, u should play normal and learn how to react on crtiques or ragers, ~ learn from mistakes, try to improve, keep ur calm ( I know, not easy all the time ) and play ON~


Ah~ yes, nice Idea BTW ;P


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CraZzYBoY07

Senior Member

03-19-2013

Quote:
Zhyreth:
Well, I like the Idea of having another difficulty at AI games, cuz sometimes i Just like having fun without thinking about to play really serious. There surely are People who prefer playing vs bots, cuz not everyone wants to Jungle or keep to the 'rules' of having the right roles to play.

At normal games u have to fit for the Team, but I don't always want that, and there are lots of players testing new champs or want to try something new, so, if there were Harder bots with f.e. Junglin, Ganking etc. they could test it like almost in a normal game to see if another build fits them better, or improve their skills to keep up at normal games.

I believe that some Players are leveling their accounts just on Botgames, but when they get lv 30 and haven't played any normal games, it could get hard to win this, then there will be ragers or sth and those newbie 30 players perhaps dont want to play on normal games or want to improve, but on those intermediate bots u cant rly improve, u just learn how they react and can play almost asleep.

But I can also live with the bots atm now XD would be nice with another difficulty, but I dont think they would focus on doin one ^^ so when AI games gettin bored, u should play normal and learn how to react on crtiques or ragers, ~ learn from mistakes, try to improve, keep ur calm ( I know, not easy all the time ) and play ON~


Ah~ yes, nice Idea BTW ;P


thanks dude
i was just pointing out that these bots are so boring early game if we own them at the start its a sure win and like xtraf said at late game they do give a bit of a challenge
but still its not enough for some people hehe
anyway i know this is a heard mission to accomplish for RIOT ..
hope some 1 form RIOT reads this
i rely would like to know what they would say


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kat3326

Member

03-19-2013

Quote:
spikerdude:
Bots are technically programmed like minions. A LOT of work would have to be done to their coding to make this viable, and at the end of the day, I don't think it would be worth it, if it's possible. Bots will never be able to play like humans. Their AI system is too static and fixed to add in variables like wards and jungling. The Intermediate bots, from my experience, are tough early game because they chase you down harder and work as a team. As the game progresses though, it's really not that hard of a challenge. If you want that level of strategy and intelligence, you're going to have to play PVP.



I believe that bots would be able to be programmed into buying a ward after they buy certain things in their build, and go directly to a set destination after buying to place the ward. Seems possible to me. Jungling, on the other hand, might be a problem. Most junglers require a leash, which might not works for bots.

The only time I really have trouble in a bots game is when a turret goes down, or something of the sort, and bots start roaming to different lanes. Sometimes they roam to my lane even when a turret hasn't gone down there, but in a different lane it has. It catches me off guard allot, but i've adapted to it . Also , bots tend to attack me ( with spells ) unexpectedly when i'm in a bush and not revealed ...

But, finally, yes. PvP is definately where to go if you want to play vs. the experienced.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CraZzYBoY07

Senior Member

03-19-2013

well look at the poll
currently its 89.47% say yes


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zhyreth

Junior Member

03-19-2013

Quote:
CraZzYBoY07:
thanks dude
i was just pointing out that these bots are so boring early game if we own them at the start its a sure win and like xtraf said at late game they do give a bit of a challenge
but still its not enough for some people hehe
anyway i know this is a heard mission to accomplish for RIOT ..
hope some 1 form RIOT reads this
i rely would like to know what they would say


1st thing~ I'm no dude DDDDDD: *laughs*

Perhaps we're lucky to get a redpost someday XDD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CraZzYBoY07

Senior Member

03-19-2013

=\


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Coolh4x0r

Senior Member

03-19-2013

Quote:
CraZzYBoY07:
dude ur lame
dont u want some challenge
ya bots cant play like humans but still its possible
try playin dota 2 (unfair difficulty) ul see thata the bots in lol are so bad in front of them
any way thats ur point of view
...
n y the fish would u put -1 in the above 3 posts huh ?

i don't know about dota 2, but when i play the original DotA with bots, the hardest setting gives them more gp/5 and exp over time. and judging by how the difficulty setting is called "unfair difficulty", i'm guessing it might be somewhat similar. also, for the record, HoN has one thing down, and that's the jungling/ganking/roaming bots, which learn off actual players, like how siri get smarter when people use it. Back on topic about LoL and not other MOBA's, as much as i would like expert bots or something (i voted yes :P), i think bots are catered to new players and trying out new champs, and not meant to be played on a regular basis for your average level 30.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CraZzYBoY07

Senior Member

03-19-2013

Quote:
Coolh4x0r:
i don't know about dota 2, but when i play the original DotA with bots, the hardest setting gives them more gp/5 and exp over time. and judging by how the difficulty setting is called "unfair difficulty", i'm guessing it might be somewhat similar. also, for the record, HoN has one thing down, and that's the jungling/ganking/roaming bots, which learn off actual players, like how siri get smarter when people use it. Back on topic about LoL and not other MOBA's, as much as i would like expert bots or something (i voted yes :P), i think bots are catered to new players and trying out new champs, and not meant to be played on a regular basis for your average level 30.


stil they could brind up a new difficulty for the lvl 30 players cuz we arnt newbies


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpadeCA

Senior Member

03-19-2013

Due to the amount of Current Bot Scripts(AI), there is one for each champion that is a bot. To update, add features, possibly recode every single champ's script, could take a very long time and truly, its not a main focus. You can try and make AI human like but, it will never be human.