Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dont You think We need More AI (difficulty levels) to the bots !!

Yes 47 85.45%
No 8 14.55%
Voters 55 .

HeY RioT :)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CraZzYBoY07

03-19-2013

Hello Everyone

Umm well i just dropped by to give some suggestions
so i play league of legends 24x7 n this game is my heart n soul <3 n i love it soo much
and so i have some small suggestions to make

Bringing some more AI into the bots (more difficulty levels)

The Two Difficulty levels that are there now are "Beginner and Intermediate"
Quote:
Beginner is a difficulty level for new summoners who join the league for learning the game

and
Quote:
Intermediate is a difficulty level for the summoners that are at the mid level (15-20)

What i am trying to point out here is that summoners who are very good at this game find these 2 difficulty as child's play
I play a Co-Op vs Ai everyday to secure my 1st win of the day bonus and at the end of the game the score will be like 50-0 or to the max 5 deaths from our side (meaning the bots are no match for us)

So it would b a good idea to bring up some new difficulty levels
Like where when 1 summoner is afk in a game a bot will be afk similarly when a summoner picks SMITE n goes jungle a bot could also jungle
i mean that would be awesome

1.Jungle bots
2.Ganking bots
3.Bots that check bush for enemies
4.Bots that use wards

Quote:
and also it would be nice if bots leave the base before the minions spawn or they gank the blue buff if there is a jungler (like we do in ranked)

I Highly recommend this because we can test our skills n practice more with bots at such difficulty

oh yes and 1 more thing
I Relay like the new map The Howling Abyss
especially the new turrets (which break apart while taking damage)
so it would be cool if the turrets in the other maps Summoners Rift Twisted Treeline and the Proving Grounds get the same animation

- CraZzYBoY

spicyKFC

03-19-2013

bump, i know the bots are just too easy

CraZzYBoY07

03-19-2013

Yeah TheY are so EasY to KiLL

spikerdude

03-19-2013

Bots are technically programmed like minions. A LOT of work would have to be done to their coding to make this viable, and at the end of the day, I don't think it would be worth it, if it's possible. Bots will never be able to play like humans. Their AI system is too static and fixed to add in variables like wards and jungling. The Intermediate bots, from my experience, are tough early game because they chase you down harder and work as a team. As the game progresses though, it's really not that hard of a challenge. If you want that level of strategy and intelligence, you're going to have to play PVP.

CraZzYBoY07

03-19-2013

Quote:
spikerdude:
Bots are technically programmed like minions. A LOT of work would have to be done to their coding to make this viable, and at the end of the day, I don't think it would be worth it, if it's possible. Bots will never be able to play like humans. Their AI system is too static and fixed to add in variables like wards and jungling. The Intermediate bots, from my experience, are tough early game because they chase you down harder and work as a team. As the game progresses though, it's really not that hard of a challenge. If you want that level of strategy and intelligence, you're going to have to play PVP.

dude ur lame
dont u want some challenge
ya bots cant play like humans but still its possible
try playin dota 2 (unfair difficulty) ul see thata the bots in lol are so bad in front of them
any way thats ur point of view
n y the fish would u put -1 in the above 3 posts huh ?

MiziiziM

03-19-2013

This isn't a priority in the game because it's meant to be played as 5v5. Way too much work would be required to do this and it just isn't worth it.

Jon The Rock Man

03-19-2013

Or maybe stop playing Bot games and play Normals and Ranks to become better, bots are for newbies in the game

spikerdude

03-19-2013

Quote:
CraZzYBoY07:
dude ur lame
dont u want some challenge
ya bots cant play like humans but still its possible
try playin dota 2 (unfair difficulty) ul see thata the bots in lol are so bad in front of them
any way thats ur point of view
n y the fish would u put -1 in the above 3 posts huh ?

Yes, I do want a challenge. That's why I play PVP. I haven't played DOTA 2, so I can't really comment on what works for that game. I'm just saying that this seems like it would be a tremendous amount of work for something that I don't see a lot of people using.

CraZzYBoY07

03-19-2013

-_-
i have 700+ wins in pvp n something below 100 wins in dominion (EUNE server)
i am getting a good challenge there
still it would b nice if the bots get more AI

xtraf

03-19-2013

If I'm right the current bots champions are the easy-to-compute AI..(easy to write when to cast what spell and go where). Champions like draven whom requires so much moving and thinking in using that q and catching that axes is pretty much impossible to have an AI (I think...) and also things like baiting, kiting (I can see they have added ashe kiting but still not complete), jungle requires too much map awareness and personal thinking. At the end of the day, they are AI not real players... So I guess we can't ask too much for it.

I have played 2000+ co-op vs ai games, and I found that Intermediate bots are pretty good to fight against.
* They gain exp and gold as time goes. (you can see no matter how many times they have died, at about 30 mins into a game, they get just every item they need)
* Intermediate bots are easy to kill early on, but becomes hard to kill later on. (Especially after 40 mins they have all god items and 2 pots)
* If you destroy one turret, they will start switching lanes and gank
* Intermediate bots do use their summoner spell whereas easy bots don't
* bots can cast their combo perfectly and just nuke you down ← I think there's a problem here, a lot of times bots over kill. Champs like karthus, ez, ziggs, lux they will just cast their ulti if it is not on cd when you are under certain hp and would be enough to kill you even though your death is already guaranteed
(I have tried using Sivir, intentionally become very low and wait until that karthus bot's ulti comes up just spell shield) (with bots on our side, I can see that shen and soraka will just ulti when someone in the team is under cerrtain %hp wasting)
What I'm trying to say is I guess the casting spell regards to the enemy's/ally's current hp is not that good.... The casting mechanism needs a little rework sometime.

* bots never have any kind of vission control or any kind of vission awareness. (you can have 5 man waiitng in a bush and one goes out to bait a bot, bot will just come straight into the bush. This happens every single game, and I like to use this to abuse bot xD) May be sometime in the future add some vission mechanism into the AI?
Other than that, I think the bots we have right now serves pretty good, they do what they need and yes int-bot gam is not a 100% guaranteed win. I did play with bad players and end up losing the game. They are extremely op after 30-40 mins. (but we can always try backdoor to win)