Not JoJ but something better @riot

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mdiaz28

03-19-2013

Riot please please keep up with these journals. I really think that it would be awesome if maybe we could see more of these journals. Even if they arent about an event. Maybe like a journal entry from swain on the current progress of Noxius. Or jarvan for that matter. Doesnt even have to be really high up lore characters. A to do lists from dr mundo would be pretty entertaining. Small little things like this would make the lore back to where it use to be i believe. The quin valor scouting journal is really neat and at the same time i get to hear more about ashe and sejuni. Maybe you could have her scout the shadow isles next but dont make it just a quin valor thing. Expand to other champions! like i said earlier, a one page thing would really satisfy us if it came bi-weekly.

I mean the sky is the limit with this idea. leaked old maps from talon's backpack with scribbles talking about assasinations hes plotting (even if they are old ones) are really interesting and a fun non journal way of getting to know talon more and his thought process

An interview with a random elise follower would be pretty cool to read.

Or another one would be a schematic of a current device victor/jayce is working on
These dont have to be new items or anything not saying they couldnt eventually lead to it, just a way for us to get to know champs more than there current lore does.

haha and a bonus i would love to see a to do lists from ziggs. That would be pretty hillarious.

Hope a rioter reads this, i think this could easily replace the journal of justice.

tl,dr more of this content where recently getting, plus going back to old champs. Not just diary pages, to do lists, maps, interviews etc.

kitae

Lead Designer

03-22-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Glad you like the format. We are still experimenting but your feedback helps us understand how valuable this kind of lore is to hard core lore fans.

RenegadeTQ

03-22-2013

Have you guys considered publishing any literature? Runescape is on their third book now, I think.

Thezyzyva

03-22-2013

Completely agree, you have 100+ perspectives you can write from, it would be great to see you take advantage of them and really bring the champions to life. A massive roster of fighters is cool and all; a massive roster of characters is something awesome.

Pteor

03-22-2013

I'm not a "hardcore lore fan", but I thoroughly enjoy the journals. Being able to see bits and pieces of what's coming are great, but just reading them for content is entertaining. They're like a short story with an "I spy" component, although that sounds like it trivializes them.

Seriously, keep them up,

Torchide

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2013

I'm a writer (even moreso than I am a LoL player) and I honestly did find the JoJ difficult to read at times, because of all the required background knowledge to understand the content. These journal entries have been very well written, simple, and sparked an excitement I did not think to exist in LoL after the League Judgement died.

These allow anybody, even those new to the world of Runeterra, to immediately delve into the lore and gain a possible new kind of thrill in playing the champions they love. Well done, Riot.

(however, I'm still angry with Riot for ruining Karma's and Maokai's lore.)

Hideous Z

03-23-2013

I love that you guys are doing lore again - but I'm confused as to why you're releasing it on the forums. Only a small percentage of your players come to the forums; and even for those that do, threads get buried fast. So it's easy to miss something cool you've released. And it's miserable to try and go back and find something later.

Why isn't this being released on the client like the JoJ was? It seems like that would reach a wider audience, wouldn't run the risk of just getting buried, and would be easy to look up later if someone wanted to go back and catch up on the lore?

Zyorhist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-23-2013

Wizards of the Coast had implemented a rather interesting idea, story comics. Many people still read the old superhero comics and seeing 1-2 of these a week or even twice a month would be pretty fun for people who are lore driven. I know you guys do the comic lol contests but it would be fun to see Riot officially release some that are lore-ish based.

Pal2002

03-25-2013

More lore is always nice, but the forums are the wrong place to post it.

1. So few people of the general playerbase come here.
2. Even as a lore fan, I had no idea this was going on until being linked from reddit (nothing from main page or game client even had a hint)
3. Unless you sticky the threads, everything just gets buried to nowhereville. Even then the number of views is tiny compared to anything that's featured on the client does.

mdiaz28

03-25-2013

Just came back to this really excited. First red response to a thread i started. @kitae you rock!

Oh but Zyorhist i totally agree with you on the comics for MTG. Although im still a little disappointed that they arent doing books on the sets as often.