Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why not make unavailable skins available?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

get the lube

03-19-2013

Why can't we purchase legacy/limited edition skins?

24SevenEU

03-19-2013

Because, summing it all up, those skins have already been tested and don't need anymore testing.
We do however get them available temporarily like what happened with Goth Annie in her recent visual rework.

Because that skin was also getting changed they had to let us buy and test it.

If you just want to look at how the skins look just go to SkinSpotlights on Youtube or try the Model Viewer in Lolking.

Sorator

03-19-2013

Yeah, basically because it wouldn't really be fair to those on live who bought the skin expecting it to only be available for a short while and then never again/rarely if ever, if everyone on PBE had free access to it.

If something comes up that makes it necessary for us to test it, then we'll get access to that one; Goth Annie is a great example.

LustLV

03-19-2013

I think they should though because pbe isnt live and the skins may have some bugs that have been missed or over looked, also they may glitch the padding on certain places around the map. Just a thought

canopy

03-19-2013

Quote:
LustLV:
I think they should though because pbe isnt live and the skins may have some bugs that have been missed or over looked, also they may glitch the padding on certain places around the map. Just a thought

I think that, all things considered at this point, the skins have probably gone through enough testing.

I'm sure that if Riot was still feeling iffy about the skins and whether or not they had glitches, they would make them available to the PBE just like the rest of the skins and champions.

BroderickT

Recruiter

03-19-2013

Basically PBE is for testing, not showing off or playing with Unavailable skins.

Quantum Orgasm

03-19-2013

The only thing I could see them putting Legacy skins available is VUs.

Although a new champion could possibly glitch older skins.

wontfight

Recruiter

03-19-2013

Quote:
Klonvar:
Why can't we purchase legacy/limited edition skins?

easy if you could they would be worth less. more people have them the less special they become

MagicalDrop

03-19-2013

They really should open them up on champions that both have them and are getting a rework, to test out all the skins.