New system for Calling positions on Sum. Rift

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bibliya

Recruiter

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho Hombre View Post
Everyone seems to think the Summoner's Code specifies Pick order > Call order, when this isn't the case at all. It says someone should fill a needed role, but that doesn't mean it has to be 5th pick who does so.

I'm a firm believer in Pick Order, but that doesn't mean we can't communicate and be adults. If I have first pick I'll take top everytime. But if 3rd pick really wants top and is more comfortable there than wherever they'd get shoe-horned in than I'll concede it sometimes. Giving the team the best chance to win is what matters. Basically I look at it as the team should come to a consensus, but if they can't than Pick Order gets it.

I'm super sick of 5th picks calling a role, not getting it and saying they aren't able to play any other role. People shouldn't be in Ranked and still only be able to play one role.
I dont't agree with the 5th picks getting the support role or force any role at them, sure you got better elo than them when you are 1st pick but you got qued with the 5th pick, so that means your elos difference is not that big, so don't look down on the 5th pick, they also have right to enjoy the game and play with their comfortable role.

Maybe you can check their match history at lolking 1st before judging how they do with the role they call. Before raging and judging them.

Armstice

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitterman View Post
This is all true, but just an observation: If you're first pick you probably want to fill the role that is the hardest to counter, like jungler (unless you're already counterpicking their first pick). If you aren't playing the best role for your team to pick first, good communication so you can swap champs with the person who is, that's a good idea too... knowing that, the amount of times I've gotten that to work isn't a lot.
This is to everyone who dwells and dwells on counter picking, champ select blah blah blahbidyblah.

You need to learn a champion, a champion so well that you can out play other people. Counter picking has it's purpose, but I hear everyone put so much stock into this concept it's actually not nearly as important as you think. Even at a professional level the players will tell you that it isn't the champ selected that determines the victor in lane which coincidentally is the only time counter picking plays a huge role in the game.

Drop the first pick counter pick arguement because at the end of the day I want the guy that's gone 80/10 playing the champ he did that well with top lane no matter who/what he's picking into.

Furthermore, I don't argue in champ select. I don't call my role, it isn't nessisary. I take my possition based on where I am in the pick order, and generally you get one of two choices. Top 3 picks are almost always going to be your mid/adc/top. Bottom two are almost always going to be your jungle/support. Learn that this is just the way it is, stop shouting at eachother and fighting like kids. The sooner people get over the fact that you can't always get what you want the sooner the community can move past childish ideologies.

Bibliya

Recruiter

03-19-2013

Riot should really do something about this. People won't enjoy playing League if they are being force to play uncomfortable roles for them.
And dodging cost auto 10LP. If you don't want the role that is being forced on you. So this game is getting stressful.
People should play this game to enjoy not the other way around.

Tarqaron

03-19-2013

This wouldn't work, and for one reason. This community is the ****tiest game community in the history of any game. People will just queue up as support/adc since mid/top/jungle will be longer queues because everyone wants to play them, then these support/adc queued people will just pick mid/top/jungle anyways and **** **** up.

ice654

05-04-2013

Has anyone thought about the fact that maybe people are tired of calling positions but then, because of differing rates of internet/computer speed, the positions are called in different orders to different people and people resort to the old copy and paste as evidence? This **** needs to change, it's getting tiring. It's not about reinforcing the meta. This is just a way to say "i called mid/top/bot/jungle/support first