Question: How to counter LeBlanc laning harrass?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amoc

05-15-2012

Wow! You necro'd a necroed post.

sbsp13668

07-24-2012

Sorry to be dragging this up, but this was a problem for me yesterday. I was playing my fourth ranked game and the enemy team chose LeBlanc. Our jungling Evelyn claimed she was on a smurf account and that Ahri would be a good counter.

After our defeat, I can only think of Caitlyn (for her range and reliance on autoattacks) and maybe Nidalee (for her heal, tankier catform, movement, and javelin toss) as being viable options against LeBlanc. (Keeping in mind that Morgana is banned in almost every ranked game). However, I'm a huge noob. So, if anybody can provide better champion choices, I'm all ears. Building MR seems like a very good option too, but I think the champion choice may have the most impact.

Thanks for the help so far!

EDIT: Thinking about it a bit more, Vladimir may be good against LeBlanc with his life steal and pool. Though, I haven't played Vlad yet myself.

Ur little sister

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichar View Post
Hi Folks,

LeBlanc is new this last patch, but already I'm having trouble as several different champs laning against her. She can silence, root, and blink back to her original spot. This lets her harrass you with impunity, and you can't even use any abilities or summoner spells in retaliation. At level 6, there is a real risk of getting tower dived by her.

I'm interested to see what solutions you folks have come up with laning against her. I suspect that bubble champs (Janna, Morganna, Mordekaiser, Sion) and healers would probably be OK against her. DPS auto-attackers can probably get a vampiric scepter and stay out of range of her combo sequence, although I found that this wasn't that effective because she can start her sequence from outside of auto-attack range. What ways have you found that actually work?
Aight, let's do this!
1) Leblanc, like all assassins, relies on snowballing. This is compensated by a weak / abusable laning phase. Leblanc DOES ppb have the strongest laning phase of the assassins. Most champions have some kind of advantage they can exploit and push against her. It is IMPERATIVE that you do so, because assassins snowball off of any lead they get on you.

2) The easyest way is complete shutdown / hardcounters. Support do it. Soraka and Alistar are the most amazing counters in the game against her! You can ppb dodge / prevent getting hit by E if you're a regular mid, so her main harass pre-6 would come from QW combo. Remember, the silence and bonus Q damage only occur after she hit her W! Soraka can prevent her from comboing it alltogether (her E has a longer range), Alistar can interrupt it (both Q and W interrupt her W in mid-flight). They can also both sustain through her damage. The reason this strategy is viable is because of how useless a denied Leblanc is, and how useful alistar and soraka are reguardless of build.

3) More difficult is actually outplaying LB with metapicks. It's well doable however, but jungler interference is more important here. Since LB is quite mobile, I'd suggest NOT relying hard on skillshot-based champions. Champions with hard cc who can nuke her down as fast / as hard as she can nuke them are a good idea. Annie is one of my top picks. IF you play flawless (NEVER allow her to free-harass, hold on to stuns, be agressive), you'll beat her hard. If you screw up, she'll snowball.

Most champions can beat assassins in lane (unless they're directly countered, like karthus vs katarina, vladimir vs kassadin,...), but mistakes are amplified due to assassins' snowbally nature.

0ShAdE0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

RJmeheh

08-11-2013

I was against LeBlanc with me using Lissandra.. She got wrecked even at level 6 and above.. Just snare her as soon as she jumps or jump on her then snare.. then keep attacking her.. She'll die so fast cause she is way squishier than you

NightmareRofls

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2013

ok