Question: How to counter LeBlanc laning harrass?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaystander

11-06-2010

Until level 6 she is easy to fight. Stay back, outside of the range of her sigil of silence. Her highest damage output comes when she can initiate with the sigil and ignite it with distortion, and an ethereal chains to follow it up, it will hurt. If you stay out of range she will have to initiate with distortion, it won't hit you but get her close enough to hit you with her other abilities. After wasting her distortion's damage, she will hit with sigil and there is nothing you can do about that, but she will have to also hit with ethereal chains as well to do a lot of damage and silence you and it is easy to dodge, so dodge it. Done right she haas wasted around 200 mana and only hit with her q, she will oom after 1 or 2 more of those if she doesn't build for mana. A few health pots and she will oom while your health is fine. A LeBlanc with no mana is absolutely useless, her auto-attack is soo bad its not even funny, though i have killed Mord with it before which was funny(Lucky last hits FTW).

At level 6 and up she gets much more dangerous. She will no longer need to initiate with the sigil because she can ignite it with a mimicked sigil for massive damage so she can initiate and miss with distortion and still do very good damage. Her ults cooldown is 40 secs native, take advantage of it after she has thrown a purple version of any spell. Save stuns, silences and snares for her whenever possible, she is squishy and if you can hold her down u can kill her. Try to get her to waste her ult to mimic distortion whenever possible, if she runs away twice like that her damage output is reduced significantly while on CD. At 1st level her ult cost 100 mana which is expensive for her so keep that in mind, however, at 2nd level it cost 50 and at max it is free, even at no mana she can cast her ult so be careful of that, if she can kill you with one weak hit and u don't know her ult is already used don't risk it, a single mimicked sigil is very damaging by itself.

Also I haven't tried it but a ranged dps could try a Wit's End to destroy her small mana reserve, if the LeBlanc doesn't build mana, which many don't, you might reduce her effectiveness. It might be worth a try though.

Critical Error

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2010

First off, dont take mid if you arent a strong mid champion. So many players think their hero can handle mid, sometimes, if you are only a mediocre mid, then go toa side lane and let someone else have it.

Second, tower hug. She can tower dive at like level 6, but make her scared at any level before then. You can set your creeps to just in front of tower, and you hang in tower range. If she wants it, she will take an equally, if not harsher, beating.

Third, last hit, you dont need to stay in her range. Just hang back and pop creeps for gold as you see it. You get all your gold, she gets none of her harass.

And this only applies to other strong mid champs like Annie, but punch her in the face. She is squishy as hell, she wants to initiate, fine, let her come to your zone, with your minions assisting, with your tower, and with your big ass spells. Other strong laners for mid include Vlad, Ashe, other heroes with long range fire and/or powerful burst.

Bibleboy1998

11-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical Error View Post
First off, dont take mid if you arent a strong mid champion. So many players think their hero can handle mid, sometimes, if you are only a mediocre mid, then go toa side lane and let someone else have it.

Second, tower hug. She can tower dive at like level 6, but make her scared at any level before then. You can set your creeps to just in front of tower, and you hang in tower range. If she wants it, she will take an equally, if not harsher, beating.

Third, last hit, you dont need to stay in her range. Just hang back and pop creeps for gold as you see it. You get all your gold, she gets none of her harass.

And this only applies to other strong mid champs like Annie, but punch her in the face. She is squishy as hell, she wants to initiate, fine, let her come to your zone, with your minions assisting, with your tower, and with your big ass spells. Other strong laners for mid include Vlad, Ashe, other heroes with long range fire and/or powerful burst.
I've only laned against her once and it was with annie. I got absolutely destroyed by her silence, I couldn't do anything each time she came to me. There was no face punching retaliation to be done.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

11-07-2010

Much like vlad, leblanc dominates passive laners.
Aggressive laners will do much better against her.

YrfdwG

11-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichar View Post
After the laning phase, I don't have any problems with her. It's just early game, laning, it's difficult. For example, I was playing Corki against her mid and before level 6, I pretty much have to stay out of her range or expect to take 1/3 - 1/2 of my health in damage just from one LeBlanc sequence! Because Corki has no CC, there is nothing I can do to retaliate. Corki's autoattack range is only 550, well within her ability to start her combo.
I had the exact same problem today. That's why i'm here xD. It's extremely fustrating. With her teleport she can deal damage without getting a bit of minion damage. With her silence you can't even valkyrie away. Corkie is helpless against her?

Can someone suggest some good starting items to counter her? What's a bloodlust stack?

Thx Jaystander for suggesting Wit's End (may I ask what category that's in?).

MikasaAckermannn

03-17-2012

I hate LeBlanc. Nothiing counters her. 'nuff said.

ThorHammerz

03-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuventusX View Post
I hate LeBlanc. Nothiing counters her. 'nuff said.
bumping a year and a half old thread ftw >_>.

Yes, she is annoying. Don't send a super squishy with no (hard) CC champ against her (ie karthus) and play smarter? Morgana does well against leblanc.

Amatzikahni

03-17-2012

Necro!

Stack MR. If your champ has good sustain and pushing power, and you have good MR, she can't combo you to death and you'll be back at full health before her CD's are up. I've beaten her as Ryze (on my first back I had Negatron Cloak, Null Magic Mantle, Boots1, and a few pots/wards and her full combo only did 60% of my health) and as Swain (Null Magic + 2 Pots, be overly offensive with your E early to get her low and keep her low, then sustain through lvl 6 and heal everything back up while keeping her zoned). As pretty much anyone else, I haven't beaten her yet.

MitchMate

03-23-2012

I was on this thread as I was put up against Leblanc as Morgana, tried looking for advice. they didn't ban Morg, lololol.

I played cautiously, if she made a move towards me I'd move back.
If the sigil whizzed towards me I would shield.
At 6, ganks started running, and then I could kill her.
However, during early game, I just passively farmed.
By the end, after we won, she complained she couldn't get close enough to me.

gg

HuskarDc

05-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchy View Post
Much like vlad, leblanc dominates passive laners.
Aggressive laners will do much better against her.
Actually beat a LB in lane yesterday with Vlad. Just shoved her into her tower so she couldn't roam. Don't be afraid to spend money on lots of pots and wards. My Vlad build was boots + pots -> Null Magic Mantle (she killed me once before I could get Negatron) -> Revolver -> Level 2 boots. Standard from there. Sold NMM later on for WotA.

Lots of pots, lots of wards. She caught me once early on but literally every chance I could I hit E on her minions and smashed the minion wave into her tower. Wards spotted ganks (there should have been more, she didn't get a lot of help from her jungle). Her farm sucked because she can't last hit under tower, and she couldn't roam to gank because of relentless pressure on her tower.