What are some uncommon mid picks that are actually work?++

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nukes86

03-19-2013

Ugh, stupid laptop, messed up the thread title.

So anyways, yesterday I tried an AP Alistair for the first time and it was both hilarious and fun. I actually beat a Kennen mid (granted, he was pretty bad) but starting with a lot of AP/Mana Reg. from Runes + a Doran's the sustain was actually awesome with his heal. Even though he didn't stop harassing me I could still farm, harass him back even grab a kill. A well timed flash + W into my own tower + Q gave me first blood.

Can you guys share some unconventional ways to play champs that actually work at least decently?

DragnDave

03-19-2013

Quinn Mid against certain champs is really good. Singed mid is fun.

Stormquake

03-19-2013

Soraka is pretty good on mid :V
Beats the **** out of TF, Annie, and Ryze

xHighwindx

03-19-2013

Maokai and Taric are really good anti-AD mids.

Karma by herself is rather uncommon but she's an effective anti-assassin pick for mid as well.

420 LOL 69

03-19-2013

AP Nami mid is pretty brutal to lane against. Once she picks up a chalice, you'll never push her out of lane. Once she picks up a lich bane, w + e + auto attack does some solid burst, and her ult does solid teamfight damage.

Dewm

03-19-2013

I've had really good luck with Corki mid,

He sustains the lane really freakin well. Only down side is a few counters like Ahri, her auto homing attacks tear me up pretty good, but if you play smart you can sustain the lane against her.

Best part of Corki is his ult, once you get that you can pick your counter apart, because of Corki's range.

Biggest downside... getting yelled at because ppl think Corki can't play mid. :/

TheAppleFish

03-19-2013

Any top champ with ranged poke is excellent in mid. Invest in Pantheon and Kha'zix and you'll see what I mean.

Elsabet

03-19-2013

Galio, Malph, and Nunu are my favorite anti-mids.

FreshFuhrer

03-19-2013

AP Shaco.
Easy to pick up, but hard to master. Plays kind of like Singed and Fizz put together except you have to set your jukes up before you actually perform them and your burst is considerably ... different.
His E and Ult have 1:1 AP ratio. Give it a try some time.
Also you have to be good at micro.

Delete Teemo

03-19-2013

Jayce