Fiora Vs Rumble

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

This is just a terrible matchup for me. I've had it twice, first time I started with boots + 3, second time Null Mantle +2.

Both times ended up with me exchanging and losing each exchange by just a little. We pretty much were dead even in farm until he hit 6. Once he hit 6, he just pushed me to turret, and eventually was able to kill me under the turret.

I know you guys are saying "Ask your jungler for help" blah blah I know that.

Here's the problem: You can't always rely on your jungler, and in both of those games he had serious problems in other lanes.

I want to know what I can do to compete with Rumble up top. When this happened it was Blind pick, so don't say pick someone else. Also, Fiora is my best top and I'm just trying to figure out a way I can deal with him.

My first item I built on both cases was a hexdrinker-> Maw, and the second time I was able to finish a Wit's End before the game was over, but even then I lost my ass 1v1 under the turret still. And he only had 3 kills, 2 of which weren't even me.

I'm just wondering if there is anything I could have done?

Nightwhite3

03-19-2013

I play both Fiora and Rumble so from experience I would suggest that you dont tower dive. Your item choices aren't bad though, Maw of Malmortius and Mercurial Scimitar are very good and you would probably want some health to go with it, probably a Frozen Mallet. Another important thing is life steal but I assume you knew that. You should be able to win if you farm more and build to counter.

Shallow Cubes

03-19-2013

Tough match up because every kind of counter mechanic that is good against Rumble is something that Fiora just doesn't have (until mid to late game). And every kind of counter mechanic that is good against Fiora is something that Rumble can do.

Knowing this... Here are some (possibly unorthodox) suggestions:

1) Ask for a lane trade. This would entirely depend on who is mid or bot for both your team and the enemy team.

2) Allow the lane to push (which is easy against Rumble) and call for a gank. I know you said you cannot always rely on your jungler. But that does not mean all the time. Even if you don't end up with a kill, if you can at least force Rumble to go back together, you can begin building an advantage.

The next few are contingency plans:

3) Bait him into overheating and punish him with a combination of Lunges and Ripostes. If it looks like you cannot kill him, then back off before he cools down. Rinse and repeat.

4) Pre-6 - Try baiting him into engaging you under your turret. Post-6... Be careful even under your own turret. It is possible that a well-placed Rumble ult with or without the assistance of his jungler coming from the bush below the turret could very well spell your demise. If he engages on you with his ult while you're under turret, try to dodge the ult as best as you can and back off.

5) Do your best not to give him free damage. It's an interesting match up because your passive will help keep you in lane IF you can hit him or the creeps. But he'll be doing his best to prevent that with his range. Either commit to a damage trade or stay out of his range and bide your time (cause even a weak jungler's presence still scares most people). You can't just half-heartedly sit there, debating about whether or not to follow-up on his exchanges. Too much free damage and you're doomed.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxGDoctor View Post
I play both Fiora and Rumble so from experience I would suggest that you dont tower dive. Your item choices aren't bad though, Maw of Malmortius and Mercurial Scimitar are very good and you would probably want some health to go with it, probably a Frozen Mallet. Another important thing is life steal but I assume you knew that. You should be able to win if you farm more and build to counter.
I don't Towerdive Rumble, that shield's OP. He was tower diving me :P He simply just could take too much with that shield and my trades couldn't compete. Even though I tried to bait the shield out, he just saved it until I activated my E and there was nothing I could do.

I actually Run Armor yellows/MR Blues/Armor Pen Reds/Lifesteal Quints on Fiora.

Frozen Mallet seems entirely wasted on Fiora, as she has the gap closer and the stickyness from her E and she needs to be able to do damage. I just cannot compete with Rumble.

Since Fiora is my main Top, I've came to this conclusion over at least 30 different games trying Frozen Mallet, and I find every time another item does me better. Since I have over 100 games with her, I'm going to follow my intuition here.

As far as trading with Rumble, I did. I would let him get close enough, Auto-E-Auto-Q-Q-> Minion to get 4 stacks of my passive and get away before he could do anything but flame.

I was still losing these trades, which I found absurd the second time because I executed flawlessly what I wanted to and he still ended up having little damage done compared to my damage sustained, even after my passive healed me up.

I know its a tought match up, I was just hoping someone had some insight that I didn't have as I just don't know how to deal with Rumble up top. Its only 2 games so far, but I'd still rather face a Teemo than a Rumble right now.

GundayMonday

03-19-2013

Stack magic resistance. You invested in expensive items early, but still couldn't out damage rumble. So don't try to win fights (early anyway). Buy 3-4 null mantles, potions, and passive farm. Lifesteal items help a lot since he won't be able to do enough dmg to push you out of lane. This will stalemate the lane and let you survive until mid game.

If he pushes, push back. I've seen fioras buy the ravenous hydra item that turns your attacks into aoe + give lifesteal. Or save up for a static shyv, or buy a sunfire cape (aoe dmg helps clear waves, hp makes you tankier). Check his items, see how he's building, and build to counter him with cheap items early.

I'd also suggest changing up runes/masteries, but you can't really do that blind pick.