Spanish Speakers WTF

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jericho Hombre

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMThousandEyes View Post
Mexico is in Central America maybe you should learn geography.

Anyway I agree there needs to be a server for Spanish speakers. It's not like in U.S.A. as a country where you can speak in any language, it's like going to a place that you KNOW they don't speak your language and being upset that you can't get any help. In a game where you need communication you just can't have clashing languages like this when not everyone can understand each other. It just breeds toxicity
No, Mexico is definitely 1 of three countries in North America.

Elsabet

03-19-2013

Oh, here you go and shut up.

Clevology

03-19-2013

not to mention at least 75% of the time they lag out.

Gattansen

03-19-2013

Im from argentina, i dont have the best english but i can cooperate with my team and i usally win. I would like a latin america server, i cant play carry champs such as Vayne cause farming is harder for me than an american who has 20 ping :/.

I dont agree what about what you are saying here. Most of spanish players play as well as english or better.

Nukes86

03-19-2013

I'm from Uruguay, Spanish is my first language but I have no problems speaking/typing English. I always communicate with my team, don't generalize, not everyone who speaks Spanish is an idiot. Same can be said about English speakers... you have any idea how many times I've run into morons who refuse to communicate with the team even though English is their first language? Or how many people DC/ go afk / rage quit? Nationality has nothing to do with it, there's stupid people everywhere. Do NOT generalize.

For most of us latin americans, even if there was a South American server for this game, we would still play on the NA server because we actually get a better ping. Take DOTA 2 as example, they have a Brazilian server, but it isn't actually hosted in Brazil. I have like 160 ping playing DOTA's NA server and 280 playing the Brazilian one.

I'd actually love if LoL opened a server exclusively for S.America but ACTUALLY hosted in South America. Ping makes a huge difference in games like these, especially in high level games.

Elsabet

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukes86 View Post
I'm from Uruguay, Spanish is my first language but I have no problems speaking/typing English. I always communicate with my team, don't generalize, not everyone who speaks Spanish is an idiot. Same can be said about English speakers... you have any idea how many times I've run into morons who refuse to communicate with the team even though English is their first language? Or how many people DC/ go afk / rage quit? Nationality has nothing to do with it, there's stupid people everywhere. Do NOT generalize.

For most of us latin americans, even if there was a South American server for this game, we would still play on the NA server because we actually get a better ping. Take DOTA 2 as example, they have a Brazilian server, but it isn't actually hosted in Brazil. I have like 160 ping playing DOTA's NA server and 280 playing the Brazilian one.

I'd actually love if LoL opened a server exclusively for S.America but ACTUALLY hosted in South America. Ping makes a huge difference in games like these, especially in high level games.
^This.

Dotayy

03-19-2013

Bottom line is that NA servers are the best. I know people from Europe playing in NA servers. And you do realize that there are many people who know english even though spanish is their first language. And they might even speak better english than most Americans. But yes, it is a pain in the ass when you play with someone who can only speak spanish and keeps talking expecting that we will learn somehow if he keeps typing stuff.

Divine hands

03-19-2013

Problem with this some of the replies is that it's more based on racism than in actual facts. The new ping system just makes it better to people to communicate without typing a single word, I thank for it so much that sometimes I just mute everyone on the game to be able to concentrate better, because we all know that even with the best score in game there are people who hate and will tell you that you suck etc (in any language you want) because you don't go Rambo with them or make the same mistakes they do, so they feel in company.

Why the hell would you need to speak to your partners while there's a new Ping system that fixes most of the things you should say in a game of LoL? Now if you insist, maybe you should try to mute everyone on a normal single game. You'd be amazed by the results, when there are no noobs who mess with your mood even when you are doing good.

I kind of understand this matter though, because in some server of some online game, ages ago, Half were speaking English, and half were speaking Turkish. So it kind of annoys one who doesn't understand the other, but with a good system of play and pinging you shouldn't be talking.

NOW. Most of the times that people in the game use the chat, are for calling someone a noob, harass them, criticize their build, or in some cases of course, say good job. (Until they go Rambo and swear at you for not doing the same).

I think I could play without all that. And if I still want to chat a lot, let's go to more to chat rooms and less to hardcore action games like LoL that require lots of attention.

Ch4puLin

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIMThousandEyes View Post
Mexico is in Central America maybe you should learn geography.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_America

Sure.

Axiom Prime

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellTheJava View Post
That's exactly what happends when I play with english speaker players.

Something that always made me curious is that a LOT of americans say that spanish speakers should go to a brazilian server, really why?

Because Spanish and Portuguese are closer than Spanish and English