Master Yi build Question.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Triple Walrus

03-19-2013

My friend and I both play master yi and we've both got pretty good win records, but we really disagree with our builds. The main bit is that I try to always build a Frozen heart fairly early and he thinks that it's rubbish and a waste of gold. According to him I don't need any defensive items for a good Yi and i should go more DPS? Thoughts? Opinions?

Saqib Ali

03-19-2013

That's nearly useless for Master Yi.You should buy item for him like :-

The Bloodthirster,Tiamat (Melee Only),The Black Cleaver Etc.

Downie Noob

03-19-2013

If you aren't building wiggles, move really fast boots, and doubleswords then you're building yi wrong

Gus Plus

03-19-2013

If you want a little extra tankiness in an AD Yi build, then throw in phage/frozen mallet at some point. His job isn't taking damage though, it's dishing it out.

flduckhunter73

03-19-2013

The short answer is, don't play master Yi. If master yi was a college course the title would be "Intro to bad"

Triple Walrus

03-19-2013

My reason for the Heart is because I backdoor turrets alot, which usually gets me swarmed when the other team retaliates. Plus the 400 mana and the blue buff let me alpha strike like mad. The rest of my build is usually(but not always) 2 phantom dancers, Infinity Edge, and Spirit of the Ancient Golem. I've always figured that the phantom dancers+ Infinity were pretty much over kill on AP

buneter

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downie Noob View Post
If you aren't building wiggles, move really fast boots, and doubleswords then you're building yi wrong
Love the refrence
but I agree that you don't need frozen heart because yi will "backdoor your towers all day" but also he doesn't need to tank the turrets to do that

DJ Aguinaldo

03-20-2013

You're both wrong, AP Yi is the correct build

Mourrirdeux

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Walrus View Post
My reason for the Heart is because I backdoor turrets alot, which usually gets me swarmed when the other team retaliates. Plus the 400 mana and the blue buff let me alpha strike like mad. The rest of my build is usually(but not always) 2 phantom dancers, Infinity Edge, and Spirit of the Ancient Golem. I've always figured that the phantom dancers+ Infinity were pretty much over kill on AP
I think Ohmwrecker works better against turrets than frozen heart.