Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LCS Competition Rulings: NA Elo-Boosters

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ISG Helior

03-19-2013

Quote:
SoloMidKarthus:
What I found interesting in this thread:

1) Rhux's real name is Kennen
2) nyjacky's first name is ChengLong, same pronunciation as Jackie Chan's Chinese name.

3) Aphromoo last name is "Black" (jk)

Kheartz

03-19-2013

'Tis a shame. Many of these players are my favorite streamers.

Alumenlux

03-19-2013

Quote:
Tekshi:
It's to scare other elo boosters.

Agreed

Still stands that you can elo boost perfectly safely if you keep it discreet though. The information (IP log ins I assume) is there but Riot do not have the resources to go through it

ol MuDD lo

03-19-2013

I think you should put this case in the Tribunal and let the community vote on it.

GreekAsTheGods

03-19-2013

Quote:
MuddNUkka:
I think you should put this case in the Tribunal and let the community vote on it.

Yes because an army of fanboys isn't going to pardon their idols regardless of proof that they broke summoner's code. Suuuuurely we can trust the Community for this.

Beastleh

03-19-2013

So... How is this any different than a Smurf account? You got alot of banning to do IMO

Guppers

03-19-2013

Quote:
Shogo1307:
I really dont see an issue here, the principle is the same as power leveling in any MMO. Or Korean game farmers for ingame money and loot.

Powerleveling is helping someone out from your own account, which they said was fine. Powerleveling is NOT getting on someone's else account and playing for them because they lack the ability. Korean money farmers are illegal what is your point?

Quote:
Shogo1307:
These people who are rather well known people are being punished because they are good at something and they are helping others out?

they are giving a man a fish, not teaching him how to fish.

Quote:
Shogo1307:
What is to say that during these so called ELO-boosting sessions it was actual training sessions with stream viewers and or family or friends or even other pro players?

The investigation that they launched is to say. They aren't guessing, believe it or not they have more information on the topic than you do.

Quote:
Shogo1307:
I mean is it wrong to help other people out by giving them actual in game experience with pro's?

No that is not wrong. In what way do you think playing someone's account for them gives them in game experience? Ryze doesn't get to keep his levels at the start of the next game you know right?

Quote:
Shogo1307:
And how do we know that it wasnt Nyjacky on his main account and lets say another curse member on his alt account and they are trying new **** in solo queue?

Again the investigation they launched knows this. here is a hint in the form of a quote they probably pulled off of someone stream "hey guys welcome back to day two of me increasing the elo of this account that isn't mine"

Quote:
Shogo1307:
This just seems to harsh for something that has no bearing what so ever on game play or how it affects other players.

So like the original post said, this affects other people because the enemy team is getting trolled by the booster because he is much better. After the account is done being boosted, the friendly team is trolled by having a player who doesn't belong in that elo.

2nd of all... if 14 days of not playing the game and not having your portrait colored on load screen seems to harsh, then I think that speaks volumes about yourself.

NDiS Axel

03-19-2013

"elo hell doesn't exist" say many high elo players

Than they go an actually make it a reality by playing putting themselves in games completely making the match completely unfair. I personally really like some of the people mentioned and watch their streams frequently. However though I personally think that Riot was way to soft.

XxBuffybotxX

03-19-2013

this is freaking sickening. so elo boost they loose everything for the season. be a jerk you get kicked out for an entire season and account banned forever. DDoS someone, warning......
you are giving a free pass pretty much to every person with the ability to do so 1 free pass to DDoS someone because the punishment is not harsh enough. WHY even tell people about this? it just makes you all look foolish. honestly if you wernt going to have a harsher punishment, then there is no reason to warn people of their actions, instead its only going to become worse!

1v1 on RS

03-19-2013

Time to play ranked, no elo boosted diamond V's in my games now.