LCS Competition Rulings: NA Elo-Boosters

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moolah328

03-18-2013

While I agree that ELO boosting is against the Summoner's Code and against the spirit of playing ranked, calling out these pro players to make an example of them seems wrong to me. I'm not saying their punishment, if fairly ruled to be legitimate, is wrong, but calling them out on a public forum probably wasn't the best thing to do. Granted, word of their punishment would be leaked out to the public regardless, I just think there could have been a better way to handle this.

Rogue Winter

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteos View Post
I don't elo boost, what the ****?
Nice try, William Hartman. If that IS your real name.

GreekAsTheGods

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moolah328 View Post
While I agree that ELO boosting is against the Summoner's Code and against the spirit of playing ranked, calling out these pro players to make an example of them seems wrong to me. I'm not saying their punishment, if fairly ruled to be legitimate, is wrong, but calling them out on a public forum probably wasn't the best thing to do. Granted, word of their punishment would be leaked out to the public regardless, I just think there could have been a better way to handle this.
It's going to come up when the players are missing from LCS.... better on the forum than during live broadcasts IMO.

God Karthus NA

03-18-2013

Quote:
If Riot didn't do this, people would wonder wtf happened to the players and it will get found out eventually, and then Riot will get blamed for hiding things. It's better to be clear from the beginning.

Naturalight

03-18-2013

Lol @ Meteos

Guppers

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420BlazeItFĂG View Post
But both ways ruin the gameplay experience for players at that level, no matter what, if a high elo player boosts/smurfs and is at gold on that account, they will most likely win and ruin the game for the enemy team.
except when you smurf you're playing with 90% other smurfs

fwiffoo

03-18-2013

To be clear, no personal information about you, such as your email address, username, IP address, or other sensitive information, will be shared as a part of this process.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/legal/privacy

Mokkun

03-18-2013

The concept of punishing people for it, I'm all in favor of.

Statute of limitations... while it's Riot's game, so there isn't a legal one, I feel like there should be an implied one.
Honest, if someone did something back in S2, my personal opinion is, you waited too long Riot, warn them, and move on. (I don't actually know that anyone was just that long ago, or if it just sounds that way in the OP.)

The thing is, for S3 violations... where did LCS players find time to Elo Boost? Aren't they scrimming, streaming, traveling, or playing LCS, pretty much all of the time right now? Also, they have salaries now, they don't really need the money.

But at least Riot's doing something about it. By hitting some people we've heard of (wouldn't be surprised if less known people also just got hit in a sweep), it gets the message out that this stuff wont be tolerated. And it shows that no one is immune, even if they are a pro.

Tekshi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

Quote:
It's to scare other elo boosters.

GreekAsTheGods

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420BlazeItFĂG View Post
But both ways ruin the gameplay experience for players at that level, no matter what, if a high elo player boosts/smurfs and is at gold on that account, they will most likely win and ruin the game for the enemy team.
How is that ruining the game? The point of ranked is about improving, how better to improve than to play against more skilled opponents? I've learned a lot more on the rare occasion that I lane against a gold or plat player in a normal game than I have playing against people my own level or lower in ranked.