LCS Competition Rulings: NA Elo-Boosters

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xUnity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

I really dont see the problem in elo boosting, does it really affect you enough that you go cry to riot ? For real riot, I think you got better things to do then pay people to see if players are elo boosting....

Killrazor

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackulator View Post
I don't have a problem with them calling the players out on the forum, I have a problem with them using their real names on the forums.
They are part of the LCS, their names are already available to view. They have already given Riot the right to use their real names, especially as they are now paid by Riot and are "Professionals" in the sport.

Once you become a pro you basically allow companies to use your name etc, especially ones that are paying you.

Exman33

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-18-2013

Quote:
I don't have a problem with them calling the players out on the forum, I have a problem with them using their real names on the forums.
these are pro players, they announce their real names at the lcs anyway -,-

Bacown

Recruiter

03-18-2013

Who cares?

Neiden

03-18-2013

LOL whoot just happend.
This thread kinda scares me, I have one or two smurf and a lot of friends come to my house and I "coach" them while they play so they win lots of matches, we drink some stuff eat and speak some too.
I understund than when they play without my couching they lose, a lot :P.
I don't think that count as elo boosting but what would I need to nOT get banned by this? Should I film when they play? lol-
Yes I have 3 computers with internet conection in my house and they have their gaming laptops.

BTW, nice job, way to go riot.

pastafariany

03-18-2013

Quote:
because all their names aren't public information presented at every single tournament they go to.

Alexa

03-18-2013

GeeGee

420BlazeItFÃG

03-18-2013

Uh, by this logic shouldn't smurfing be banned as well? Boosting an account to diamond from bronze, is almost identical to smurfing to diamond as some placement matches can be similar to bronze level .

Borigrad

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420BlazeItFĂG View Post
Uh, by this logic shouldn't smurfing be banned as well? Boosting an account to diamond from bronze, is almost identical to smurfing to diamond as some placement matches can be similar to bronze level .
dat name.

Shinnyshin

03-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakdafucup View Post
No he boosted the actual account Crs Liquid112...I've seen him boosting it many times.
Was he boosting it for any sort of benefit? Or for the sake of giving Liquid a higher Elo account? Or was he just playing on it for lower queuetimes when he didn't want to level a fresh 30 to play ranked.

At that point your'e arguing intent and things get all weird. Though I suppose players might not be supposed to share accounts. Which is an entirely separate transgression.