Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LCS Competition Ruling: Denial of Service Attacks – Hexo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PeppermyntButler

03-20-2013

I actually feel that he should have been banned maybe not perm but for a short while. Normally for other things warnings and a slap on the wrist is ok. My question is had this have been the average everyday normal player would they get the same punishment in Tribunal or worse?

But DoSing which is illegal outside of the game, threatening other players and using it to get an unfair advantage while you are a manager of a respected and professional team is just a lot of toxic behavior.

It's these little things along with others boosting which is destroying ranked and the new ranked system and turning people away.

YMIG Exclusive

03-20-2013

if there is substantial evidence that hes done this before... BAN him. I have friends that their accounts were banned. I played with them many times. the most they ever did was start off the match calling everyone noobs. never cursing, no slurs. just NOOBS. BAD KId iz BAdddd. etc.

I think what this guy did was about the worse offence you can have within the video game world.

X Frady

03-20-2013

I'm not even close to satisfied for the "warning" given to this "man". He should be forever banned from LoL and LCS and also prosecuted by the authorities because he committed a crime. He's also the GM of GGU, meaning that the entire team is responsible for his actions and they should be disbanded for the LCS. I was also not satisfied by the actions Riot did against Complexity for what they did with elo boosting (2 players and their coach), but GGU made it worse and a simple warning is not the optimal solution.

GSSB Lunaspike

03-20-2013

Quote:
Stevev45:
unless they are just blocking the port LoL is trying to use.

That is not how it works at all. If he were getting ddos he wouldn't be doing his stream as usual. That's just a fact. People might say "well, why not. Maybe he had it on a different ip". It's a good joke, but nothing more.

The most probable way he got his IP was through his stream. So that throws the whole "well his stream was using a different IP than he plays on". Unless there was some other form of communication going on, like maybe skype being involved. Guess what people, skype reveals your IP address to anyone. Same with almost every single other program out there that sends instant messages.

People should be forced to know something about ddos before posting in this thread.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack
just go read it. It even has cool links to other information.

flashbacck

03-20-2013

I'm for perma-ban. The LoL community shouldn't have to tolerate any of this BS.

Aymageyene

03-20-2013

Quote:
flashbacck:
I'm for perma-ban. The LoL community shouldn't have to tolerate any of this BS.

Exactly.

Aymageyene

03-20-2013

;D

Annaire

03-20-2013

;D

Mr Pizza

03-20-2013

He should never be allowed to play LoL in his lifetime even with sub accounts or even his friends account!

But im sure there are financial benefits to Riot somehow so they arent being too strict

Annaire

03-20-2013

;D