LCS Competition Ruling: Denial of Service Attacks – Hexo

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crazystairs

03-20-2013

I dont know if you guys even read this stuff, but Hexo is still at it on an alt account. I just watched him do it to Dan Dinh (Man Dinh) on his stream.

Miffed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

>A few seconds later, RobertXLee suffered a DoS attack which disconnected him from the game.
>RobertXLee streamed the game live.

Not saying Hexo isn't guilty, but he streamed himself being denied of service? lol.. ok
Try again

TOP OR JUNG ONLY

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRBxCatOnFire View Post
Riot we have come to a crossroads. I think you fear what I'm about to say next, because you know what I'm about to say.

Either you take action in-game, and permanently ban his account, and penalize GGU, or I'll take the matter to the authorities. While he's at LCS, I know what city he's in (I also found, through google, his home town and his full real name). I will call the authorities and have him arrested with the proof that YOU provided. Act, or I will act. You know if I call the authorities that you will be forced to fork over ALL of the information you have regarding the subject, so you will have to be involved -no matter what-.

People get banned every day for petty offenses in-game that do not even come close to rivaling this, this is a federal crime, I will not allow it to just be punished by a warning. Either you act, or I do. If I act, he will be put in jail, if you act, his account will just be banned and GGU penalized.

It's your move Riot, a lot of your reputation rides on it, and the fate of Hexo rides on it. No matter what, he will be brought to justice one way or another.

I’m sure you’re well aware of what will happen in this scenario but let me lay it out for you:
If he is NOT punished:

1) The authorities will be called, and the evidence you provided will be used to file a felony case on him regarding DDOS

2) Your reputation will be tarnished. You ban people every day for much smaller things, but if you refuse to ban him, it means you see certain people as “higher” than the average player, just because he’s a team manager, and we, the playerbase, will not like that.

3) No matter what, you will be involved. If you don’t punish him, the authorities will, and they WILL contact you to gather any and all information that you have gained in your own investigation.

If he IS punished:

1) Your reputation will be in tact, GGU will be saddened, the perp will be saddened, but, justice will be served and, we, the people, will be satisfied.

You choose what is the easier and more logical route for you.

I want to make it a point that every day people are banned for being “toxic”, some a lot less than others, some that are never racist nor offensive, just overly-competitive and emotional. These are in-game behaviors that violate the ToS of Riot Games. What the perp did in this case is violate Federal Law, and should be treated as such. If you decide to not punish him, you may as well reverse every single permanent ban you have issued, for no case is worthy of punishment in your eyes.

I love you Riot, but I have to take a stand here.

Make your move Riot, if there is no response, or change of disciplinary action, nothing short of a permanent ban and some sort of sanction placed on GGU, within 7 days of this post, I will call the local authorities and have him arrested, using the evidence you provided. The Federal Law against DDOS’ing is not just there to be there, it’s a law and must be abided by. This is beyond Riot Games.

In Conclusion – I’d like to add that, watching the entire full video, Nintendude is not a culprit in this, in fact he seems to strongly dislike Hexo.

Rest assured, justice will be served. Wherever there is an infringement on a human’s rights, we’ll be there, no matter how big or small, we take seriously, them all. Do not fear, if nothing is done there will still be justice, for every crime that is done, an angel sheds a tear.

Feel free to spread this as you please, and please do not give me credit, for I am no one as well as everyone, just copy and paste this entire message in this topic over and over for all to see, let our voices be heard, for this is a message from the people, from everyone. This is a message, from Anonymous. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. United as One. Divided by Zero. Expect us – Always.
Six Days Left.

I hope Riot does nothing, because I want to see what happens. Also, I'd just like to see that ******* go to jail for DDOSing, because, it's a law... So yeah, jail.

PlatypusFang

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitingpig View Post
  • A few seconds later, RobertXLee suffered a DoS attack which disconnected him from the game.
  • RobertXLee streamed the game live.
    • A video excerpt of the incident can be seen [URL2="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpPPz9SnEns"]here[/URL2]; a longer excerpt can be seen [URL2="http://pl.twitch.tv/robertxlee/b/364041882"]here[/URL2] (at 9:07:28).
    • Screenshots are below.

Definition of “DoS Attack”:
A DoS attack (or a distributed denial-of-service (DDos) attack, which is a particular type of DoS attack) is an attempt to make a computer unavailable to its intended user. The tactics vary, but generally consist of the interruption of services of a host connected to the internet.

In general terms, DoS attacks are implemented by either forcing a targeted computer to reset, consuming its resources so that it can no longer provide its intended service, or obstructing the communication media between the intended users and the victim so that they can no longer communicate adequately.
How could he streamed of he was being DoS attacked, I feel like that should have incapacitated his Network entirely. Not defending, just curious, sounds like he should be suspended or worse anyways.

GSSB Lunaspike

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOP OR JUNG ONLY View Post
Six Days Left.

I hope Riot does nothing, because I want to see what happens. Also, I'd just like to see that ******* go to jail for DDOSing, because, it's a law... So yeah, jail.
That won't happen. The person you quoted is woefully ignorant.

First read this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compute..._and_Abuse_Act
and
http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1030

Then read this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denial-of-service_attack

As to the person you quoted I find it incredibly ironic the end of that post. I will give them this, at least they know how to make powerful enemies.

The person you quoted makes two big mistakes.

First, they pretend to speak for everyone, but that is not the case.
Quote:
1) Your reputation will be in tact, GGU will be saddened, the perp will be saddened, but, justice will be served and, we, the people, will be satisfied.
Really? No it sounds like you might be pleased, but would everyone? Or perhaps you mean to say anyone that would not be pleased is not a person? Considering what you put at the end of your post I find that idea particularly laughable.

Second, he is talking about things he doesn't understand. Worse he is threatening someone based on information that is so lacking even a company that is has no real obligation to him refused to act on it. Further, the post does seem to threaten a personal assault.
Quote:
Rest assured, justice will be served.
and
Quote:
While he's at LCS, I know what city he's in (I also found, through google, his home town and his full real name)
Now in reality doesn't Riot have an obligation to inform the police that there is a possible threat? If this person being discussed gets assaulted tomorrow should we judge the person you quoted on the same evidence he has found someone guilty with?

Diaotaixiao

03-20-2013

+1 and <3 for Roberto. The guy is a beast

FaceCheckMyBush

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miffed View Post
>A few seconds later, RobertXLee suffered a DoS attack which disconnected him from the game.
>RobertXLee streamed the game live.

Not saying Hexo isn't guilty, but he streamed himself being denied of service? lol.. ok
Try again
you don't know how DoS'ing works. it won't necessarily dc u from ur internet. it can cause him to lag in the client and dc but doesnt nessesarily dc him from everything. but robert did in fact drop internet and stream multiple times during the game. was there live watching it.

EpixAura

03-20-2013

Interesting choice of strategy. I think I'll try it.

Kidding, of course. Although it would be pretty funny to say "DoS carried me to Challenger."

Killme304

03-20-2013

I'm quite shocked that he wouldn't get banned immediately. This level of blatant cheating is not only sad/pitiable, but one of the most unsportsmanlike thing you could possibly do in an online game. A warning is too soft imo.

SHOE788

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOP OR JUNG ONLY View Post
Six Days Left.

Doesn't really matter. No jury or judge is going to sentence a teenager to jail for ddosing in a video game in order to win. Just think about the ridiculousness of that.