LCS Competition Ruling: Denial of Service Attacks Hexo

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Banuvan

03-19-2013

Wait, I was thinking about this.

You will let the tribunal permaban somebody for "being a jerk" but you wont permaban somebody for blatantly cheating?

Lesson GD should take from this - Money talks to Riot and those with money or attached to professional teams can get away with cheating while the rest of us get banned for "being a jerk".

Just for the record no I have never been warned or banned on any account.

This cracks me up that Riot is so focused on the "e-sport" aspect of their game they will allow somebody to blatantly cheat and not ban them. Way to go Riot!

Alchemi

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attica View Post
Did you even look at the 2nd screen shot? Robert Lee was playing under a smurf account named RobertxRee.

yeah, i did notice that.... but if he was trolling why didn't he just put ROBERTxLEE instead of ROBERTxREE it just seems kind of suspicious that he claims that he was just fooling around but the grammar seems too clean and concise considering Hexo's previous conversations

Agrexis

03-19-2013

Good job RIOT. It's really good to know that you actually care unlike most game companies. Even though I personally think he should have at least gotten a temporary ban, you did the right thing, and making most people hate him by making it public might be punishment enough.

ShakeTheHeavens

03-19-2013

Wow. Please perma-ban Hexo, it would be the only fair move.

Fioret

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banuvan View Post

You will let the tribunal permaban somebody for "being a jerk" but you wont permaban somebody for blatantly cheating?

Lesson GD should take from this - Money talks to Riot and those with money or attached to professional teams can get away with cheating while the rest of us get banned for "being a jerk".

This cracks me up that Riot is so focused on the "e-sport" aspect of their game they will allow somebody to blatantly cheat and not ban them. Way to go Riot!
They've perma banned a pro in the past due to being a jerk. So your point in invalid.

Since it isn't 100% proven (Just very likely) he was cheating, they're not permabanning him

Attica

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fioret View Post
They've perma banned a pro in the past due to being a jerk. So your point in invalid.

Since it isn't 100% proven (Just very likely) he was cheating, they're not permabanning him
You don't need 100% proof in court of law. Just need to be found guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

Lajinn5

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banuvan View Post

They haven't found solid proof yet, but they've told him that if any comes up he will be perma'd

Calys Teneb

03-19-2013

https://www.facebook.com/NintendudeX...22515167840995

NintendudeX's view.

Alchemi

03-19-2013

LOL GG EZ NOOB = permaban
KARMA ADC = permaban
DDOS = dont do it again or else u'll be in big trouble next time!

The Roonage

03-19-2013

that just seems so blatant, posting it in all chat. did he not care about repercussions at all>?