LCS Competition Ruling: Denial of Service Attacks Hexo

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elrathion

03-19-2013

I would just permanban that straight away.. no excuses for stuff like this lol

Cpt Mookie

03-19-2013

Elo-boosters get such more serious punishment and a ddos'er gets a finger wag.. Thats it I am gonna rob a 7eleven.

IrMonsters

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Their is proof that he elo boost's too

Kirino Kousakaa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Riot... I rather deal with a bunch of elo boosters on my enemy team than a DDOSer

Terroism

Recruiter

03-19-2013

This wasn't ddosing, this was the riot's servers failing, It happened to me a week ago, I thought I was being ddosed too.

MyWillYourHands

03-19-2013

The "IP_FIND" is OBVIOUSLY a joke. It's virtually improbable he could have recreated the league of legends (pvp.net) client to grab someone's IP via a game. There's a difference between trolling, and actually ddosing someone

Look at his ping in the game, it stays the exact same. If he were to be DDoSed, his ping would have went up because, as you said yourself, his internet has severely limited resources.

Not only that, but even while this "DDoS" was going, his stream was up, and not lagging AT ALL. If he had been ddosed, his live stream would have gone down.

This may have just been a joke of coincidence combined with the Riot servers being oh-so-trusty as we know them to be today, or it's possible (highly improbable) that it could have been a real DoS attack, but once again, I highly doubt it.

Also, if he had used his client to grab the players' IP address, he must have some amazingly fast hands to type in the command to retreive the IP, view it, type it into his DDoS software (whether a botnet, shell, vps/dedicated server, etc) and send the request.

Please look over this more because this seems like it's untrue

Edit: seems I'm getting downvoted by players who know nothing about networking but seem to think everything is true if it's posted by someone "official"

FizzleStix

03-19-2013

You gave him a "warning" ??? Maybe next time he can get a hug...

mrdude5410

03-19-2013

First dontmashme is ELO boosting, now their manager is DDOSing. GGU wat r u doin

Shiister

03-19-2013

Why the hell are people upvoting this? Dude only got a warning...should of gotten a permaban for doing this kind of ****.

alejbr4

03-19-2013

ya he should be permabanned, that is bs