Do you think this is a good idea?

Yes. 7 23.33%
No. 22 73.33%
I don't know. 1 3.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

New Item: Golden Sapphire & Golden Armour

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prof Zuhayr

03-18-2013

Hey guys what's up? It's me again, and I came up with an idea for two new items because I was playing Zed and I hated running out of energy early game.

Golden Sapphire - 1175 Gold
+50 Energy to a champion

Golden Armour - 4000 Gold (100 Recipe)
Golden Sapphire + Golden Sapphire + Chain Vest + Null-Magic Mantle + Kinglegem
+100 Energy +30 Armour +25 Magic Resist +10% Cooldown Reduction +200 health
UNIQUE PASSIVE: Energy Regen per second is increased from 10 to 15
UNIQUE ACTIVE: Restores all of your energy. (150 Second Cooldown)

M1ST4K3N

03-19-2013

I'd suggest one slight change. Instead of requiring a chain vest, make it a cloth armor and add in a kindlegem. For a price tag of 4000, the item should be more impressive than the stats show. And let's be honest, for a lot of the energy-using champs, CDR can go a long way. Especially when you consider that you're nearly doubling the amount of energy that you have. This'll allow you to use your spells more often and whenever they're up without having to worry about energy. A little health can benefit everyone, so that it wouldn't be too champion specific. Keep the 4000g total.

So final cost would be 1175 (Golden Sapphire) + 1175 (golden sapphire) + 300 (cloth armor) + 400 (null magic mantle) + 850 (kinglegem) + 100 (recipe)

Final Stats:
Golden Armour - 4000 Gold (100 Recipe)
Golden Sapphire + Golden Sapphire + Chain Vest + Null-Magic Mantle +Kinglegem
+100 Energy +30 Armour +25 Magic Resist +10% Cooldown Reduction +200 health
UNIQUE PASSIVE: Energy Regen per second is increased from 10 to 15
UNIQUE ACTIVE: Restores all of your energy. (150 Second Cooldown)

Another option would be to remove one of the Golden Sapphires from the build and lower the price tag. 100 energy could be a bit excessive, but 50 still do a ton and, for most champs, be more than you'd need.

M1ST4K3N

03-19-2013

Definitely like the idea though. I used to wonder why there were no items specific for energy champs, but tons for mana users

Maximbady

03-19-2013

I don't agree with the armour, however something like a boots enchant that boosts energy regen wouldn't hurt. That active is also quite OP in my opinion.

Prof Zuhayr

03-19-2013

@Doc Kapwn
Thank you very much for your suggestion I will incorporate it into the first post.

@Too Chewie
I gave the active a 150 second CD for a reason.

Aut0didact

03-19-2013

No sorry, i'd rather not have a brick wall Akali on my ass every game with infinite energy.

Also for your excuse of 150 CD on that active. still OP. One teamfight is all you need to make a game.
Akali already has ridiculous amounts of damage and already gets easy pentas with the little energy she does have. She doesn't need to be any tankier, she doesn't need an instant refill for energy.

This applies to all energy champs as they all have abilities making it incredibly easy for them to chase and dish out a lot of damage. I just put Akali on the spot because she has one of the best chasing abilities as well as monstrous damage.

KnightxSScarlett

03-19-2013

That is so broken, I don't even.

Prof Zuhayr

03-19-2013

If it is so broken could you all care to explain how to balance it?

Cronaj

Recruiter

04-02-2013

To be honest its a decent idea, but the item needs to be changed dramatically.
Lets look at the stats:

Golden Sapphire - 1175 Gold <-- needs to be reduced, because it should be like a ruby or sapphire crystal.
+50 Energy to a champion <-- to much energy for a "builder item" +25 is better.

Golden Armour - 4000 Gold (100 Recipe) <-- will be reduced due to reduced cost of golden sapphire.
Golden Sapphire + Golden Sapphire + Chain Vest + Null-Magic Mantle + Kindlegem <-- good, but should only require 1 golden sapphire and cloth armor instead of chain vest.
+100 Energy +30 Armour +25 Magic Resist +10% Cooldown Reduction +200 health <--needs to be +50 energy, other stats are good, but maybe +15% CDR instead.
UNIQUE PASSIVE: Energy Regen per second is increased from 10 to 15 <-- good, needs no changes.
UNIQUE ACTIVE: Restores all of your energy. (150 Second Cooldown) <-- either remove or change to a 10 minute CD, its way too OP, as said before by others, its just too good and one teamfight can be the game.

Plz bump so prof zuhayr can see this ^.^ overall solid idea though, hopefully we see an energy item soon!

GrimFate56

04-02-2013

you know that energy campions are balanced with energy because they might aswell be resourceless (excluding shen and somtimes zed) the energy regen is massive, thats why there havnt been any energy items

althought i agree with the crystal, not with the armor