Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

There is no elo hell. Gain elo by...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dotayy

03-19-2013

Quote:
SoF Volrath:
If you want to move up, master he jungle (specifically tankier characters like Rammus). You can have an effect on every lane, while feeding your team the kills. Stay smart, keep your team fed and you will win a MUCH higher percent. Kha'zix was my main jungle and i was baffled by how much I would lose. I average 8/4/7 with him but would lose 65% of my games.

Rammus lets me spread the wealth to less skilled players and has bumped my win rate to about 60%

It isn't going to guarantee wins, but it will put you in the best place to support some of your weaker teammates

THAT IS SO TRUE! Thats exactly how i got out of bronze =]
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=104rka1&s=6

Granted i took more kills than I should have, but I just did amazing amount of damage
With shen and Jax, I always BD. I can always ult in with shen, and with jax, I dont care. I just make them punish for trying a teamfight. And atleast one or two of them always cave in and try to come save their turrets, and i recall when i see that and join the teamfights =]

Crs Thinkcard

03-19-2013

i completely agree, elo hell is the biggest source of denial for a player who is stuck in a league or division.When I play on my new lvl 30, I win about 80% of my games at silver/gold. Also if Elo hell were real, how would boosting companies exist. Just remember, objectives are usually more important than kills. Think about the pros and cons of joining a fight before you act.

StompingOrphans

03-19-2013

I think the biggest problem is that when you lose you want to keep playing so you can get it all back. and it seems like its what you should do but when you lose your just setting yourself up for a lose streak

The Krazie

03-19-2013

i highly disagree that attitude and perservereance is going to get you moved up. example being that say that you have each game you are the only lane that does not feed and then you get five man ganked and then the game is over well there is nothing you can do attitude or skill will not save you and even pros know that. I just dont see how wins can accurately judge how good a player is.

SeaZn

03-19-2013

I was stuck in ELO hell for a while and I do agree with what the OP said. I think the game's outcome is mainly determined by your attitude. As long as you don't feed, even 0/2/0 is fine. Gotta keep it positive, not rage at your teammates, that's all it takes. Even if you lose at least it'll be much more enjoyable.

I've seen lots of people on my smurf account who are stuck in Silver 4 or lower who just rages and *****es consantly. negativity only makes you lose

Divine Origin

03-19-2013

elo hell does exist.
It's toxic players.
People who actually make accounts (a second account) to literally play ranked, and troll.
I knew of a person who was diamond/platinum (forget) league, would make an account and would carry; then throw every game. He was silver 4. Now he's bronze 1; and he goes on LoL king and waits for people on promotion series. Once he see's them, he feeds on purpose.

ELO hell is toxic players who rank thinking they can. Sorry, but I've been in elo hell; where people who have ~100 wins in normals... are trying to rank. Walk into turrets. Playing support and not warding.

Hmm, I guess it's not my fault. Im not angry, I got out, you just gotta grind thru it. But it does exist; you cannot deny it does not. ELO hell exists, you gotta struggle thru it, and keep playing just don't get angry at new players. Your other team fed, don't go into another game all "**** THIS GAME. LAST TEAM FED SO HARD."
It's just childish and stupid; and you bring your allies down.