There is no elo hell. Gain elo by...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StompingOrphans

03-18-2013

So far from my ranked experience is this
1: ONLY play when you are feeling okay or are happy. If you raged last game just go play normals or play some Robot Unicorn Attack till your feeling better. Never play when your mad. you will lose.
2: Ranked is just a game. There's no need to get so mad. in the end that person who is doing bad will go down and you, if you keep a level head will go up.
3: We all know there are ******bags in games but think of your team over yourself because that's how you will win. if someone locks in ADC when you called it, don't flame him just fill in.
4: DON'T FEED. That's self explanatory. if you lose your lane that's fine. just understand you don't need to be a hotshot every game. just farm up and make a positive difference late game or just roam (Don't forget to Cs When you can)

Just 1 last though, any role can carry, even supports. what i like to do when playing support is roam like crazy. if you see a gank going on mid head up there the adc can still farm and maybe you can get in and save the mid which makes them more confident and they will be more likely to play better.

StompingOrphans

03-18-2013

P.s. understand if your below 1200 your going to hit all the ppl going down to 400 elo. just accept it and try to win.

Reborne

03-18-2013

It has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with luck. You get a bad hand on a game you really needed, you never move up. You only move down. New bad system is new and bad.

StompingOrphans

03-18-2013

its the same as ever. its that attitude that is keeping you at your elo, whatever it may be.

RYP Jericho

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StompingOrphans View Post
its the same as ever. its that attitude that is keeping you at your elo, whatever it may be.
Nailed it. People saying that they would be higher if they didn't have such bad teammates suffer from the Dunning-Kruger effect. Until they fix their outlook they'll never improve their mechanics.

Mythic Trickster

03-19-2013

I'm slowly clawing my way out of Bronze and ELO Hell is very real. I have friends who play at my skill level who just keep sinking further into the abyss that is Bronze V. For people to say that attitude is keeping people in low ranked divisions is naive at best. Of course, in the ridiculous scenario that you can outright carry 60% of your games with moderately competent teammates, you'll see steady advancement.

The rating system is particularly flawed at the lowest end of the spectrum, where trolls and unskilled players who are unwilling to learn or cooperate are rampant. I main support in ranked, with my reasoning being:
-it's rarely called
-I don't want a member of my team (who is often one of the last picks) to be stuck playing a role they aren't enthusiastic over
-I'd rather be the one providing crucial services for my team because I can rely on myself

The problem with this is that the supports I play don't carry teams. At best, I feed my team kills and stop them from being killed so that they can carry. Ultimately, it is up to the more combat effective players on my team to lead us to victory.

As for being stuck in low divisions, my best advice is to never solo queue. I almost always go in with at least one other person (often people I have some familiarity playing with) so that we can better coordinate and it has me winning more games than I lose.

RYP Jericho

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewriter View Post
I'm slowly clawing my way out of Bronze and ELO Hell is very real. I have friends who play at my skill level who just keep sinking further into the abyss that is Bronze V. For people to say that attitude is keeping people in low ranked divisions is naive at best. Of course, in the ridiculous scenario that you can outright carry 60% of your games with moderately competent teammates, you'll see steady advancement.

The rating system is particularly flawed at the lowest end of the spectrum, where trolls and unskilled players who are unwilling to learn or cooperate are rampant. I main support in ranked, with my reasoning being:
-it's rarely called
-I don't want a member of my team (who is often one of the last picks) to be stuck playing a role they aren't enthusiastic over
-I'd rather be the one providing crucial services for my team because I can rely on myself

The problem with this is that the supports I play don't carry teams. At best, I feed my team kills and stop them from being killed so that they can carry. Ultimately, it is up to the more combat effective players on my team to lead us to victory.

As for being stuck in low divisions, my best advice is to never solo queue. I almost always go in with at least one other person (often people I have some familiarity playing with) so that we can better coordinate and it has me winning more games than I lose.
I can't agree with you on this. "ELO Hell" is a concept formed by the short-memoried. Obviously a good player can't carry every game. They can't win their lane every game. If you decide a game is lost at any point than you will not be able to win. If you start to get behind rather than moping about it and trying the same things, change your strategy. There are ways to catch up to your opponents, and the difference between a rising player and a stagnant one is someone who can win games where they started out behind. Anyone can win a game they jumped ahead in.

Mythic Trickster

03-19-2013

I'm only using the term ELO Hell as the condition of being sucked into a downward spiral of losses regardless of the individual player's attitude, skill, or ability to adapt to changing conditions.

Dotayy

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by StompingOrphans View Post
So far from my ranked experience is this
1: ONLY play when you are feeling okay or are happy. If you raged last game just go play normals or play some Robot Unicorn Attack till your feeling better. Never play when your mad. you will lose.
2: Ranked is just a game. There's no need to get so mad. in the end that person who is doing bad will go down and you, if you keep a level head will go up.
3: We all know there are ******bags in games but think of your team over yourself because that's how you will win. if someone locks in ADC when you called it, don't flame him just fill in.
4: DON'T FEED. That's self explanatory. if you lose your lane that's fine. just understand you don't need to be a hotshot every game. just farm up and make a positive difference late game or just roam (Don't forget to Cs When you can)

Just 1 last though, any role can carry, even supports. what i like to do when playing support is roam like crazy. if you see a gank going on mid head up there the adc can still farm and maybe you can get in and save the mid which makes them more confident and they will be more likely to play better.
Thats actually all nice pointers that are true.
Id say you seem like a nice guy, but then I read your summoner name. lol

SoF Volrath

03-19-2013

If you want to move up, master he jungle (specifically tankier characters like Rammus). You can have an effect on every lane, while feeding your team the kills. Stay smart, keep your team fed and you will win a MUCH higher percent. Kha'zix was my main jungle and i was baffled by how much I would lose. I average 8/4/7 with him but would lose 65% of my games.

Rammus lets me spread the wealth to less skilled players and has bumped my win rate to about 60%

It isn't going to guarantee wins, but it will put you in the best place to support some of your weaker teammates