Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

cv and exhaust for support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tataku999

03-18-2013

so I was trying cv + exhaust for support (lulu). just wondering if this is a good idea, im loving cv, I'm sort of a pushing supporter, I like using cv so then I can get in and ward their jungle so I dont get caught, where exaust is great for team fights. Basically I'm looking to replace flash.

My question is, what champs do you think this would work well with? lulu is nice because you have your w for escape. then there is the though that if you build twin shadows you will also get bonus movement speed (I know its only %5).

Is there a better choice then exhaust? like go heal cv?

well ty for your input

SeCKS Egai

03-19-2013

It's hard to get away from flash since its both defensive and offensive.

Sephïroth

03-19-2013

Flash is a really needed spell, especially for bot lane. Bot lane has a lot of focus and there's a lot of creativity when it comes to ganking bot lane.

Also, since you are bot lane your partner may be a moron and you'll need to bait them to go after you so he can go away. Then wait in the bush and flash over to the other one and W away.

I get why you want to try to take every advantage you can bot lane, but honestly just take Flash. You're not helping if you're getting killed.

flduckhunter73

03-19-2013

Flash is a must have in just about every role but tank. They can optionally take ghost even though flash is still probably better. CV is a decent spell but honestly only about 1 in every 5-10 will actually provide a true measurable benefit (a kill or life saved). When you factor this in and the fact that flash will probably save a life or land a kill with EVERY COOLDOWN you are actually getting more bang for your buck when using flash over CV. The best lineup for a support is undoubtedly flash and exhaust. Espcially with LULU who excels in CC.

Shallow Cubes

03-19-2013

CV / Exhaust combo is typically only seen at higher ELOs because most people at lower ELO need flash to have some degree of error forgiveness. And even then, I am honestly not 100% sure of this combo usage at higher ELOs. Haven't watched many of the streams.

When I used to play support consistently, I would take CV / Exhaust depending on the enemy team comp. Since I am also a fluent jungler, I would play support with CV to both predict and pin down where the enemy jungler is. Can definitely ease up pressure on your top and mid laners if they haven't backed for wards in a while.

Don't get me wrong. Flash is a great skill and will save your life from time to time (or allow you to get in range to save someone else's life), but having CV in your back pocket will help your team know when it's safe to push, engage, steal objectives, or catch an isolated enemy. It is also a fairly solid deterrent tool for protecting objectives like Baron and Dragon.

Qsario

03-19-2013

Even at high ELO, flash is an important part of many combos. An Alistar who can't flash, smash & headbutt someone into the tower/wall isn't going to cut it as a kill lane, for example.

Shallow Cubes

03-19-2013

I forgot to add in a clause that stated:

"This is also somewhat dependent on who the support might be. There are some supports and team comps that would benefit from flash more than CV."

This might also touch on where you want your advantage to be, based around your summoner skill set.

PikaRioCed

03-19-2013

It's possible but never, never ever not take Flash if you are fighting all-in lanes (Leona, Taric) that try to kill you. Also, I don't recommend having no flash on Soraka either unless you're a baiting goddess.

Dark Nephthys

03-19-2013

Actually I like CV as well, And although Flash is a great spell (Personally I'd prefer Ghost, especially with AD Champs) I think it really depends on what champion you are and role you are.

I actually use CV + Clarity on Janna. Reasons being, I rush a Eleisa's Mircale and with the 10% cooldown from the utility tree, I have 40% Cooldown for CV and Clarity. Having a 35 Second Cooldown CV can really help the team out when the enemy team is roaming, or doing Dragon/Baron or if timed right against the enemy Jungler.

Honestly, I only do this on Janna, because Janna's movement speed is so high that I can generally already Outrun/Chase enemies even without Flash, and if it's in a team fight and I get caught by CC and end up dying, well then they wasted CC on me and focused me which causes them to usually lose team fights which means I did my job anyways. I never really liked Flash on Janna honestly, although Exhaust is still good of course, so if my adc can handle their mana then I might not bring Clarity and I'll either get Heal since It'll have 40% Cooldown or maybe Exhaust/Ghost just because it's so helpful.