@ Riot - Please give Sakura Karma her kimono back!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nvmvoidrays

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxine View Post
Are they really keeping the dress on Traditional Karma? ._.

#sadpanda
they are.

feelsbadman.jpg

OverpoweredSoap

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
Okay. Look. there's a lot of disagreement with the dress VS skirt. So how about.... we come to a compromise?

People seem to like the boot designs on Traditional Karma. There's like 1 post on each page of this thread mentioning how they're not happy about the boots being covered up. SO! How about, we keep the dress, but move the front slit... to the sides? Add two slits to the dress, on the sides, so her boots are visible.

All the artists have to do is change the placement of the dress' front slit to the sides. (I'm oversimplifying that, I realize the textures have to be redrawn and the UV Maps have to be slightly redone once again, but it'll be worth it!) Now everyone wins! The dress haters can see the pretty boots through the side slits (instead of a front slit), and the dress lovers get the dress.

Doodle of what I had in mind... http://i.imgur.com/5l3TdSQ.png (larger size)
Looks like they did this after all.

nvmvoidrays

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverpoweredSoap View Post
Looks like they did this after all.
they didn't.

its the same dress that sakura karma has, that she's had since she was randomly updated. her dress hasn't been updated or re-done since the change.

PG Bob Chen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon Bright View Post
First off, I want to preface this with the fact that I LOVE Karma's new look. I'm not complaining about her huge change overall, be it her kit or aesthetics--I love all of it. However, I spotted the skins today, and I have to say... I'm not loving the new look for Sakura Karma.

When you first announced the remake and showed off her Traditional Skin, I was a bit torn. I missed her robe, but it captured the original feel well enough not to complain, plus it's free! Very cool. Sakura, though... I can't get behind it.

I really feel like Sakura Karma needs to retain the kimono look. I know Ionia isn't necessarily 100% equivalent to real world cultures, but the kimono was such an elegant style it suited her perfectly--and still would, I think. The pants also look very awkward with the kimono-style top still left in place. They seem quite mismatched and don't flow together very well, all for the sake of a style of garment very similar to Traditional Karma.

I know changing the model certainly can be done--Ahri's Dynasty skin is quite different, and so are a number of others like Jayce's release skin. I strongly urge you to reconsider her model and return Sakura Karma at the very least to the look of a standard kimono. It would certainly suit a calmer side of the country's leader, while retaining the elegance we all love about her.
Please for ****s sake stop asking for Riot to "improve" her new skins. She looks awkward as **** now in her Traditional skin and the original version of it was WAY BETTER LOOKING for her new model.

ruc77

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Gotta make this a quick reply, but I'll see if I can get an animator in here eventually.

Basically comes down to rigging issues. We initially had the "traditional" skin as semi-full wraparound but again, because of rigging animation issues, we had to go with the cape/tabbard alternative. Full dresses are difficult, taxing, and tricky to animate when we do them, We needed some consistency in the rig across all skins, this was a result of that.

Personally, I still think it looks pretty nice
the only thing i dont like in the new skil is thoes things in is back are to big but the worse is the cnahge in the skills put a so big coldown inn mantra in a champ whitout ultimate is unbelievable and whit is new passive hill be great to make a big ks becouse u need to atake enemies to reduce the mantra coldown so ya is a completely diferent champ in all ways for the worse in skills

HarryOrunitia

03-28-2013

Wow, so much for an "extended PBE stay"...

nvmvoidrays

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
Wow, so much for an "extended PBE stay"...
ikr.