@ Riot - Please give Sakura Karma her kimono back!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

seresibyl

03-20-2013

perfgect

Somnicidal

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterCapp View Post
Hey guys,

really glad to hear initial reactions are good! This version of the Sakura skin is much closer to the design IronStylus originally concepted for the rework, and I'm glad we were able to deliver it to you. There were some rigging and animation challenges, but I think this solution works pretty well with the new animation set. If you have additional feedback, we're always around to listen.

Side note: "nailed it out of the park" is now my favorite mixed metaphor.
Maybe the red of the shoes are a little too saturated? I cant really stop looking at them, which is offputting considering her shoes should be unimportant.

Other than that, though, stick a fork in it. It's done.

Zerglinator

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ququroon View Post
So as GrumpyMonkey, IronStylus and ohmikegoodness have explained, we had a few technical issues with Sakura Karma. Karmaís new animation set was rather pronounced, which meant a full dress was impractical. Youíve let us know how you felt about this, and there has been a bit of silence on our end. We didnít want to say we could fix it if we couldnít.

But we heard you, loud and clear. We agreed, she should be closer to her original Sakura concept. So XRayAlpha and JesterCapp busted their asses and made time to make this a reality. They, and us as a team, felt like there were more things we could do to make this work.

I feel like they totally nailed it out of the park.

Attachment 641123
Dang son, I wish EVERY updated Karma Model looked more like this one.

VoyMachoboy

03-20-2013

Did you guys thin her out a little she doesn't look fat from that angle lol

Misticaltom

03-20-2013

I like it! The odd tabard look was weird of course, but this? Exactly what we're expecting from the Sakura skin!

Ququroon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

QA Analyst

03-20-2013
9 of 16 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterCapp View Post
Side note: "nailed it out of the park" is now my favorite mixed metaphor.
A single metaphor could not contain my excitement. You're a beast, dude.

StationaryObject

03-20-2013

Absolutely gorgeous, XRayAlpha and JesterCapp you guys really outdid anything we could have expected.
The colors also work so much better now, with the gradual change from light green to dark green to pink. Definitely will be a skin I own with pride now.

Edit: I'm in a red sandwhich <333

Grumpy Monkey

Senior Character Artist

03-20-2013
10 of 16 Riot Posts

Mad Props to JesterCapp and XrayAlpha. I am so happy we were able to do this.

K D Bonez

03-20-2013

It's truly impressive given the time frame that this has been discussed. Out of simple curiosity, do you fear people will be demanding this kind of look for Traditional Karma now as opposed to the skin tights? And if enough people asked for it, would you (not saying I don't like the Traditional skin. It's just in light of this new look for Sakura, I feel people will be asking for it on Traditional and maybe more)

Virtualize

03-20-2013

Hey Reds! To prove your work will not go unpaid I will buy Sakura Karma at regular price (something I NEVER do, I'm a college student, sorry! I only buy on sales.)

In hopes for you to keep listening to the players, keep doing this kind of ambitious stuff! It will pay off!!
---And remember! You work on it this one time, and it's the only time you will have to do it, the rest will pay itself off.

Also P.S. Didn't know dresses were hard to do. My first skin ever was Queen Ashe and I bought that thing alooooong time ago on sale.